• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guide to slim-fit suit models for each label?

bjan

Reaction score
Is there any sort of database/guide/thread for slim cuts for each OTR brand? I figure it would be most useful for small-timers that may lack the luxury of a local store to drop in to and say, "I'm a size XX - what slim-fit suits do you carry?"

Something like: (most info gleaned from searches here and on retail shop web sites)

Brooks Brothers 1818:
Fitzgerald, Regent (and Milano?)

Paul Smith London:
Byard
Abbey Road

Ralph Lauren Black Label Anthony (is that the only RLBL model?)

Hugo Boss:
Jam2/Sharp2
Sweet2/Sharp
Eagle2/Shade1
Sky/Gala
Jam/Sharp
Hawk/Stevens1
Sweet1/Sharp1

Wizard of Aahs/Jeff:
Marco Valentino

Benjamin Sartorial/ehaberdasher:
Lucente

Other slim fit in-general brands: (since I can't seem to find specific model information if it exists)
Thick as Thieves LA, Hickey, H&M, John Varvatos, Z Zegna, Emporio Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Etro, Prada, Theory, Uniqlo, Zara (mostly from a recommendation by VikingsFan82 in a similar thread)

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Hugo Boss, their Hugo Red Label is the slim fit line.

Most Theory suits are cut slim (they don't have separate labels).

Costume National suits are slim (one of my favorite brands!).

For Hickey Freeman, the Hickey line is slim fit in general.

Almost anything by Zara seems cut slim, although I've never owned their suits.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Z-Zegna has a "city" cut that's drop 7, and then a "drop 8" model.
D&G - I believe the "martini" line is the slimmest one
Canali, 1400 body is slimish, the higher the numbers, the slimmer they get.
Boss Black label - I believe Eagle is limited edition.
Boss Red label - Akiso/Heise? I think that' the slim one

RLBL - there's only one model, called the Anthony.

Noble effort OP, but I have a feeling this is a can of worms...

jason.wu.05.09

Reaction score
Relative to some of the other brands mentioned, BB's Fitzgerald and Regent lines are not all that slim. I have a BB 1818 Regent in 38R, it's about 18.25-18.5 in the shoulders, and I got more waist suppression at the suggestion of the BB salesman when I came in for adjustments.

In contrast, my Hugo Red (38R) is something like 17.5-17.75 in the shoulders, and RLBL Anthony (38R) is maybe 18. Both have a much slimmer cut through the body. The Red makes you look very slim, whereas the RLBL tends to dramatize the shoulders and give you more of the ideal V-shape.

For reference I'm 5'8" and 148, with a 30-31" waist.

AE7

Reaction score
Baldessarini SHAPED FIT

in general, most of the suits from Baldessarinin in size 98 (40L) are slim, so, i guess this kind of sizing (98, 102 etc.) is slim with Baldessarini in general.

I do not know whether L or big sizes indicates slimness in other brands, though. definetly not with Patrick Hellmann - boxy, short and wide jacket in size 98

toslat

Reaction score
Nice idea.

I would suggest a wiki/database approach, in which users can submit information (brand, line, color, fit, measurements before alterations etc) about any suits they have or are familiar with. statistical analysis and/or reference entries can then be used to estimate true values from which silhouettes can be generated.

nelly

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Paul Smith slim suits like the Byard compare to Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald? Do they fit about the same?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anuar
Baldessarini SHAPED FIT

in general, most of the suits from Baldessarinin in size 98 (40L) are slim, so, i guess this kind of sizing (98, 102 etc.) is slim with Baldessarini in general.

I do not know whether L or big sizes indicates slimness in other brands, though. definetly not with Patrick Hellmann - boxy, short and wide jacket in size 98

To the best of my knowledge the high number means long.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
Dude, I was agreeing with you/backing you up.
fight[1].gif

I think Christian Dior suits are slim fit as well, aren't they?

They are pretty nice..........

For Hugo Boss suit, you would have to choose Hugo line. Boss Black has some slim ones as well, but I don't remember what those are called.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads