• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Z Zegna quality

maltess

Reaction score
Hello to everyone

Are Z zegna sport coats good quality? Probably not to pay full retail price, but if I buy at 30% less am I buying a quality product?

What about Z Zegna and Zegna sport shirts? I like them but I am new to this so I am not sure if they are worth the money. and what about Burberry and Boss black label for sport coats and shirts?

Thanks very much for your help

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maltess
Hello to everyone

Are Z zegna sport coats good quality? Probably not to pay full retail price, but if I buy at 30% less am I buying a quality product?

z zegna sportcoats run around 900 retail so even at 30% off you are looking at 630 plus tax so close to 700 bux. i say that is not a good deal at all and especially not a good value.

ive seen bloomingdale sales where they would put them on clearance sales and slashed down to 250-300 dollars per, and i would say that is a fairer price if you are in the market for a coat.

maltess

Reaction score
Thanks for your help

So we can say , they are average quality then? like boss black?

withstyle

Reaction score
one of my starter business suits was a z zegna suit that I bought for more than 60% off at Bloomingdales. for the use I got from the suit, it was an ok value as it had a nice pattern and cut and didn't require much tailoring.

the fusing became very apparent after a few dry cleanings and the suit didn't hold up particularly well, but it lasted for a good 2 years before I didn't want to wear it anymore. At this point, I wouldn't buy a z zegna suit, but at the time and for a few hundred bucks it made sense.

that being said, if I could go back with what I know now, I'd probably try and pony up a bit more and find a RLBL (ralp lauren black label - made by caruso) or caruso suit - will last longer and is much higher quality with a similar sleek/modern cut. can be found on sale for $600-$900 with a bit of patience. there are some caruso suits right now at ehaberdasher.com for $600.

also, BBBF (Brooks Brothers Black Fleece) suits are 50% off right now in-store and on their web-site, so around $800. those are also much nicer than z zegna. a little bit fuller cut and a different look but worth checking out.

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maltess
Hello to everyone

What about Z Zegna and Zegna sport shirts? I like them but I am new to this so I am not sure if they are worth the money. and what about Burberry and Boss black label for sport coats and shirts?

Go for mainline Zegna. If you can get some discount aswell you'll have yourself a good deal.

stevejacobsit

Reaction score
Zegna upper end brands are by far the best in construction and fabrics.

Zegna lower end brands (Z Zegna I think is their lowest brand) have great fabrics, but their construction is okay. I believe that Z Zegna is fused and not canvassed.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the end of season sales Z jackets aren't much more then 100 Euros right now at the outlet. At that price it's hard to beat . IF you find something you like and it fits well. The cut is different then much of the mainline. The fabric can be more creative. Lets call it creative.

At full price it's not much cheaper then mainline.

Niels

Reaction score
I have a ligth Z Zegna sportscoat for summer vear. i found it on sale. Quality is OK. a little better that Hugo Boss. At discount it could be good value

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads