• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWN - The Best of 2009

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Merry Christmas! While there seem to be a few "best" and "worst" type threads popping up, I figured it could be useful to have one solely devoted to our favorite WAYWN posts like this one from last year: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=96574

Obviously this is incredibly subjective, but I found last year's thread to be an excellent reference. Let's try and keep this thread clean and simple with a focus on the photos, not criticism. I'll start. In no particular order:

Parker
prkr322.jpg

maomao1980
PB052772.jpg

whoopee
P1000542.jpg

DocHolliday
cashtclose.jpg

Voxsartoria
636642281_FxR5b-O.jpg

iammatt
005gxc.jpg

Manton
p1050613ou6.jpg

Of course, most anything these guys do is fantastic, but these were standouts. I find it interesting that everyone here is wearing a tie while I rarely do myself. Hmmm.

Honorable mention to Chorse123, yfyf and Phat Guido for incredible consistency in their smart, effortless outfits.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzz

malefic

Reaction score
I honestly cannot find one redeeming aspect of the picture below. Everything in it is hideous and ungainly to my eyes -- in fact it is almost a laundry list of my dislikes (polychromatic but dull-colored; double breasted; salt-n-pepper gray color/texture; wide lapels; peak lapels; spread/cutaway collar matched with a minuscule necktie knot; patch pockets; ...).
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
PB052772.jpg

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by malefic
I honestly cannot find one redeeming aspect of the picture below. Everything in it is hideous to my eyes -- in fact it is almost a laundry list of my dislikes (polychromatic but dull-colored; double breasted; salt-n-pepper gray color/texture; wide lapels; peak lapels; spread/cutaway collar matched with a minuscule necktie knot; patch pockets; ...).
As long as we're not criticizing...
lol8[1].gif
Seriously, except for DocHolliday's I wouldn't even consider any of those outfits for a Best-of list.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's all subjective guys. As you might have guessed, I favor simplicity. These were ones that I remembered off the top of my head as being particularly nice to my tastes. I like the fact that most of them aren't necessarily "perfect." They all have flaws if one were to nitpick, but most outfits do.

Curious what some of your favorites are...Nate's got the spirit!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't have picked any of those except for Parker and maomao. Nothing at all wrong with the others, but I would have picked a different fit for each poster, mainly because my own tastes run to the more flamboyant. I am too lazy to look for any right now, but some that have stood out in my mind over the last few months have been from gregaz, BigA, vox, Phat Guido, labelking, and MoK. If I get another few drinks in me, I may go back and peruse. I also liked the picture Foo posted with his Barbour and jeans, but think that was on his blog, not here.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Crosspost invastion into Slewy's thread:

Voxsartoria's First Half of 2009 Unexplained Pick of the Weekâ„¢ from Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digestâ„¢:

stillmacher:

c4.jpg

Baron:

P1020968.jpg

Huntsman:

dsc.jpg

Manton:

p1050693.jpg

WRabbit:

welshjeffries1.jpg

Mildly Consumptive:

DSCN1495.jpg

LabelKing:

3387083924_8e68d3d702.jpg

Montesquieu:

20090331sf.jpg

Edmorel:

P1060575.jpg

SoCalNY:

yd3.jpg

TCHouston:

5-33.jpg

Yachtie:

DSC00799.jpg

Mafoofan:

mafoodj-m.jpg

whnay.:

p1000411.jpg

vbrasta:

DSC00191.jpg

yfyf:

yfyf-2009-06-09-re.jpg

cravate noir:

2u6n3vl.jpg

Holdfast:

jun23007.jpg

[Notes: (1) no repeats (2) no weekly ties (3) no Phat Guido, iammatt, meowmeow, or Voxsartoria. Second half of 2009 to be covered in January.]

- B

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew I could count on Vox. Cross-post away! Ok, off to go make X-Mas dinner...

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, Vox, thanks! Not bad for a 70+ year old tux...

x26

Reaction score
Those are all Awesome!!
inlove.gif

If I were Gay--which I am Not-I would want all of you as my "Boy Toys"...
lol8[1].gif

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
It's too bad Vox put the wrong photo in for TC (Houston), because his outfits are always among the best IMO.
TC1.jpg
TC2.jpg
1026003.jpg
114025.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads