• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visa Black Card

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the invitation for no reason. Interest rates are pretty normal but charges an annual fee. Anyone had experience with the services its offering?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the only experience i have with black cards was ringing up rich peoples multi-thousand dollar purchases on them when i worked at nordstrom

jon bones

Reaction score
i also just received an invitation for no reason...

i imagine if you travel often enough then the concierge service and travel perks would be worth it.

OR if you want to drop 500 bucks a year to look like a boss when you pick up your tab.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's ****. I mean they advertise for it and crap. It does not have the prestige of a black card by any means, hell, it does not have the prestige or the services of a platinum amex.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It isn't **** compared to the AMEX centurion and that card is nothing special either.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think everyone received an offer for that card.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I think everyone received an offer for that card.

No, "only 1% of the population."
laugh.gif

Agnacious

Reaction score
I also received an invite. I looked into it a bit since I cancelled my Chase card in a fit, because chase sucks, and then remembered I still need the amex alternative.

I read the airport access they offer is only good for 2 visits per year. I had considered it to supplement the amex airport access since they are different clubs, but that is not worth it.

I don't really care about the concierge and the luxury gifts do not intice me (cross pen 24.99)

flyertalk.com
luxuryplastic.com

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I understand (admittedly, not much), Visa Black is aimed at AMEX Platinum's customer demographic.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
as someone who had the centurion card it's not worth it unless your travel. If you travel a lot the card in an amazing thing to have. Other than that is just for show.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Either I didn't get the invitation, or my wife just tossed it without telling me
frown.gif

+1 to Flam on Amex plat. love.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, 1% of people in the US is something to the degree of 3 million, no?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
To be fair, 1% of people in the US is something to the degree of 3 million, no?

Yes.

Compared to ~30,000 AMEX Centurion card holders.

dpw

Reaction score
since visa went public they have been working on developing and introducing credit card enhancements.

they come in bundles depending on bank/type of card. some are inclusive, some are opt in.

for those (like me) who travel these benefits are very useful. they are going after amex in a very aggressive manor whereby this new competiution can benefit consumers.

in addition, they will be offering alot of "deals" on things you might choose to use the card for such as paying cell phone bill, buying a particular brand of cloths etc

these plans are sold to banks who in turn offer cards to customers/potential customers. you have to shop different banks to find the plan that is most useful to you.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to use a sharpie to make all my credit cards black

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads