• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Unwashed Levi's Premium Skinners 30x30

chiggachu

Reaction score
I have a brand new pair of Premium skinners that I simply cannot fit into because of the low rise. They are a perfect 30x30, but won't fit people like me who normally wear 30" waist. Should be fine for 28" waists. There are a lot of threads here and on superfuture on skinners sizing, which might help when trying to find the right size.

The acutal measurements are 30" waist, 29.5" inseam, 7.5" front rise.

They are stamped "preworn", probably a store return.

vr8p6v.jpg

Looking for $30 shipped. Offers considered

SOLD!!!!

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Antler4641

Reaction score
I might be interested. I'm curious, though--Why won't these fit a normal size 30? I read the old threads on this board and I still don't get it. Also, have they ever been through the wash?

chiggachu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jiomitori
I might be interested. I'm curious, though--Why won't these fit a normal size 30? I read the old threads on this board and I still don't get it. Also, have they ever been through the wash?

They've never been washed. I think the rise is so low that they sit very low on the hips, which is much larger than your normal waist. When I tried them on, I could not get them buttoned, because my hips/ass were too big. However, that just might be how my body works. Again, the actual measurements will help you decide as well.

Does anyone have experience with this?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a very low rise (My 30x32s have an 8" rise), and they fit true to their size.

When the OP is saying that it won't fit people who regularly wear size 30, he is assuming that most jean makers marked size is smaller than their true size, which is somewhat true in my case as I used to wear size 28 in common/mainstream brands; Diesel, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, even Earnest Sewn size 30's are too big, but I wear size 30's in the Skinners. Also as the OP mentioned, since they do sit much lower, your hips are usually wider than your waist as well.

They also don't stretch too much (about .25 to .5" max). When unwashed the flare is a tad wide, but it does shrink after a wash/soak to a good size. Shrinkage is about .25 to .5" as well (when soaked in Lukewarm water for 1hr).

thefir

Reaction score
i'd like these jeans if they are still for sale... do you take paypal?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics