• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with APC sizing

Debaser

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of APC English-cut jeans. Many of you say they are baggy, however I have fairly large legs so your baggy may be a bit different. I also hear the waist runs large too. I can always exchange them, but I wouldn't mind some help in getting the sizing right the first time.

In Earnest Sewn, I usually take a 36. Especially in Hutch. With Paper Denim, 34 in GTO and 33 in ICON. How would the APCs compare?

Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear a 32 in LTD/ICN and a 33 in GTO, both fitting rather loosely at the waist (could probably size down each comfortably). Put it this way, I can take off either models in the size I wear without undoing any buttons or zippers pretty easily. For you I would recommend the 32 or (maybe) even a 31 in the Anglaise, if you want the same fit as your other jeans. I like a 32 or 33 in the Anglaise, but these are super baggy on me, (which I sort of like). They are really really more analogous to the ICN/LTD cut than the Earnest Sewn Hutch or Filsons, which are slimmer through the thighs. On the safe side, a size 32 will probably fit you just fine. Definitely don't go above this unless you want a skater style fit.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
If I usually wear a size 30 in most brands and in dress pants should I order a size 28 or 27 in new standards?. The only store that carries APC here hasn't received their jeans for some reason so I can't try them on, they usually carry them...

Geowu

Reaction score
If you want it to fit slim, go for the 27 because it will stretch very much once you start wearing it...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
If you want it to fit slim, go for the 27 because it will stretch very much once you start wearing it...
Won't I have trouble breathing for a while? I know they run big and that sizes vary a lot but three sizes down...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
quick questions for anyone that actually OWNS a pair of these...APC standards http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_articl...f=1C000512197M 1: these are dry selvage denim jeans, correct? 2: sizing wise, how close to the tag are they? Â for example, i wear 32 Nudie RR dry selvage (which are actually about 33 inches measured)....SO....should i stick with size 32 APC or go with 33? thanks in advance *edit....perhaps LA Guy or anyone else in LA can help....is there an actual store i could theoretically go to TODAY that 100% has APC standards IN STOCK to try on? (versus...*they used to carry them*, *they sometimes carry them* etc)

benchan

Reaction score
Debaser:

I own a pair of APC L'Anglaise jean in size 32. I found that it ain't baggy at all, more like a relaxed fit. The waist size measures approx. 35 inches in unwashed state. For reference, my hip and thigh measures about 39 and 23.5 inches respectively at the widest point.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming these jeans will shrink once washed, correct? Is it a negliable amount on the waist or does that factor need to be considered when choosing a size?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Get Smart - Hollywood Trading Company has them.

Nil, in short, no. They'll shrink a little bit, but not enough to go up or down on sizing, unless you're REALLY caught in between two sizes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HTC in the Fred Segal complex in Santa Monica definitely has them.

BTW, tried on the Rescue jeans for the first time a few days ago, and they are definitely more straightleg than bootcut.  I would decribe the rise as midrise, not lowrise, and the sizing, while not as ginormous as the New Standards, are pretty big nonetheless.  Itried on a pair of 32, and they were really big on me.  I would've liked the fit of the 31s more, and am pretty sure that I could have worn the 30's with very little difficulty.

edit: Whoops, hadn't read Brian's post.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
thanks for the help

i called and the HTC at Fred Segal Santa Monica doesnt carry the APCs but the HTC on beverly does so i've got my pair on hold and ima check em out after work. after all the praise i've heard on these i hope they live up to it

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
went and got the APC standards

sho nuff, they ran true to sizing, nice raw selvage denim and good slim straight legged fit. pretty much what everyone has raved about I would agree with. very simple understated design.

the buttonfly was a ***** to close up with the stiffness of the denim. my only critique is the belt loops are a bit smaller than most other jeans, my rocknroll belts just barely squeeze through with all the studs and rhinestones.

legs are very long (36") so ima def have these shortened so i can have 3" single cuff turnups

mos def a great buy for the money.

callum

Reaction score
Can someone help me with my new pair of APC Rescue Jeans?

I bought a size 30 from the APC website and now I have them they're too big and I usually take a 31. So the question is, should I exchange them for a size 29 (the smallest size available on the site) or will the size 30 shrink down in the waist when I wash them? Thanks for any help.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Can someone help me with my new pair of APC Rescue Jeans?

I bought a size 30 from the APC website and now I have them they're too big and I usually take a 31. So the question is, should I exchange them for a size 29 (the smallest size available on the site) or will the size 30 shrink down in the waist when I wash them? Thanks for any help.
exchange them, no question.

Geowu

Reaction score
Brian or anyone, if I spray some odor remover in the crotch of my raw apc's is it ok? it won't ruin the fading process will it??

(assuming the substance is water-based and organic)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads