• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fuuma and a tailor present: Snappy Answers to Stupid Clothing Questions!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
You're too dumb to know what to wear to an interview, you're not sure if a yellow dinner jacket is acceptable funeral wear, this thread is for you.

Please stop cluttering the forum and have fuuma answer all your small timer questions.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I have recently learned that I cannot wear solid navy or gray, light gray of any kind, windowpanes or plaids, fresco, drape, or any cloth heavier than 11 ounces. What does that leave me with?

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Is it wrong to have e-friends?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a formal interview with AIG, what should I wear?
teacha.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
im a new guy in fashion and want to be really fashionable. please let me know what i should wear. thanks.

Step 1: Buy GQ
Step 2: Look at the product placement
Step 3: Buy products suggested in product placement

Individuality not required.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy clothes that are of the highest quality and perfect fit, but I don't want to spend any money, 10 bucks for a jacket, tops. Also, please give me at least 5 options, because I will shoot down the first 4.

Thanks!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I have recently learned that I cannot wear solid navy or gray, light gray of any kind, windowpanes or plaids, fresco, drape, or any cloth heavier than 11 ounces. What does that leave me with?

Dark (pee stain resistant) suits (navy, charcoal) with chalk or pinstripes. None of that fancy drape or gay materials that evokes Italian art like fresco. You're 'Merican you gotta show you're not some fancy dresser or office politics will swallow you.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is it wrong to wear french cuffs with pajama pants and slippers?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bird's One View
Where can I get a rain coat that covers very little of my body or other garments ?

Get a raincoat made of mostly transparent fabric like Romain Kremer makes. Or one of those dior homme cropped ones that barely cover your shoulders if anything.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

Only if you get out of your place, you can dress like a viking at home if it's your thing.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

Also, how big should the cuffs on my pyjama pants be? And no cuffs for formal pyjamas?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads