• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

question about Hermes shoes

Advent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Izhitsa
Placing a derby shoe (the Bill) into the 'loafers' section seems equally stupid to me.
good point!

Icarus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
thank you for the chuckle...

+1

Its amazing to me how uneducated consumers still are in the "information age".

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Hermes shoes haven't been made by JL in years (5 or more).

To the OP: I hope that your avatar is actually you. That makes me feel better about your idiotic post.

I think the OP's avatar is this guy. Of course, the OP could be that guy IRL, for all I know.

*shudder*

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
Send me a PM I will get the Hermes shoes for you in your size and ship them to you for only a $200 price increase instead of the $400 that you are currently paying. Let me know.

-LR

good offer but ill have to pass i dont want to miss the buying experience and the chance to hold around hermes paper bag in the mall (i plan to go buy on morning so i have more time to carry around the hermes paper bag around the shopping mall)

Originally Posted by comrade
Sir, I advise you to seek spiritual guidance. Perhaps, because you operate at a great distance from
the sources of Western Style, it is difficult for you to perceive and integrate its' essential "Chi".
You exhibit the symptoms of "designer" brand-drenched unfortunates who lack nuance and/or context,
and are condemned to follow the formulaic pronouncements of brand mangers and their compliant press.

your post doenst make any sense
uhoh.gif

Originally Posted by Izhitsa
Placing a derby shoe (the Bill) into the 'loafers' section seems equally stupid to me.

thats i thought to .. the webmaster must be a geek with no sartorial knowledge

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
good offer but ill have to pass i dont want to miss the buying experience and the chance to hold around hermes paper bag in the mall (i plan to go buy on morning so i have more time to carry around the hermes paper bag around the shopping mall)
Somebody please sig this

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hermes man lives the life: wake up read but do not buy Hong Kong GQ while standing in 7-Eleven in order to save $3 discreetly take pics of GQ ads with jailbroken iphone check bank account to see if daddy sent allowance go to mall and show SA pics of stuff he wants 10 years later: same as above except add: come out of closet and get beat up by daddy

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I predict Hermes Man goes to mall... buys least expensive item in Hermes so that he gets bag... then returns said item, but puts his goods from Merry-go-round into the Hermes bag on future trips, as it would be gauche for someone to actually ask to see what's in the bag.

In other news, does Merry-go-round still exist? I don't make it to malls very often.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF ? Hermes man is a legit big-timer, you pleb. Read his blog ...

poorlawstudent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

ffffuuuu.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Not at all what I thought based on the avatar.

Jangofett

Reaction score

Gucci, Pradas, Z Zegna and Armani are not SF approved.
He needs to do Kiton, Borelli, JLP, CJP, EG and GG all bespoked and not MTM to gain SF approval.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon

In other news, does Merry-go-round still exist? I don't make it to malls very often.

Went bankrupt about a year after the owner Buzzy Weinglass spearheaded an effort to bring expansion football to Baltimore as a team he christened the Rhinos circa 1993. Jacksonville got the franchise instead and the rest is history. Worked out pretty well so far for Baltimore football and the clothing industry.
You need to get out more!
lol8[1].gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok. Well If you change your mind, let me know, I will make sure to get you an extra hermes shopping bag too.

-LR

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads