• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrock

Reaction score
vybq5v.jpg

Kill_switch

Reaction score
What if we just don't like stonewashed denim? Forgive us for having an opinion, I find the fit mundane.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought you guys were tolling at first, but it really blows my mind that some of you guys actually dig max bigwell's fit. SF is dead to me.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
thought you guys were tolling at first, but it really blows my mind that some of you guys actually dig max bigwell's fit. SF is dead to me.

I think this **** all the time and then bam! 4500 posts. Sometimes I think I jsut like the punishment.

And the free trips to New York.

But mostly the punishment.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
You'll see a lot more light jeans done really well in the next year so i'd get used to it. I'm sure this time next year people will look back on this hate and laugh at how shortsighted it was
How many times do people have to tell you that the reason they don't like Max fits isn't because the jeans he wears are light-washed? The whole attitude that somehow everybody who disagrees with you on this point must be blinkered by SF groupthink- and that you're in some position to be removing the motes from the eyes of others- is really presumptuous and irritating.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
its not the fact that the denim isn't raw is just the fit is nothing special. It's not like it took much creativity to put on a windbreaker gray tee and light denim. The jeans aren't slouchy, they look like they do not fit in the crotch. If I saw this on the street it wouldn't really standout from what most other people wear.
Define 'special', to me special is something outside the normal, against the grain, if any fit was to be called special here this would surely be a contendor. As for creativity, what would you call reinterpreting the stone wash jean look, with at least some success? Re: the jeans fit, the tension marks at the hips of the jeans should be evidence enough that there is no issue with fit (quite the contrary if you ask me). Lastly, standing out is not a factor of all fashion, rather it is an effect of some fashion, one which is nor good nor bad.
Originally Posted by KitAkira
boring and mundane /= clean and simple they're stonewashed. Maybe I'm just thinking that the good WAYWT fits should be something that really wows me and makes me think "damn, that guy dresses well" not "damn, I see my dad wearing the same **** every day." Same reason why I'm not thrilled about boring white tee + jeans + Converse fits.
As I mentioned in the upper part of this post, standing out is an effect of some fashion, particularly of many fits posted here, but it is by no means a factor to consider when it comes to a good outfit, there are many other fits that don't stand out but are quite fantastic - though I do think this is one of them. It is definitely not the most obvious example of a good outfit, there are many signifiers of 'boring' , 'bland', 'unfashionable' in the fit, but they are simply popular prejudice of the items he's wearing and do not take into consideration anything but what is seen at face value, which I think fashion is more than.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm confused still. You guys dont' see that fit stacked up against the tonio, berlin's last fit at least (not all hsi stuf), jbrock's fits, sq4you's nudie/thom fit, fleury's fit, etc... Go back and put them all next to eachother and just pick the ones that look good regardless of stigma's or what people think their classmates wear. I'm done i guess. Would be nice for rye to come by and explain things better (though it'd probably have more british-isms)

Will bump this section of the thread in a year for you. Just like when people first started posting "gothy" fits on SF or when people first started rolling their chinos/jeans, etc...

in the midst of all this (shocked you can't at least appreciate, mag) Kix's last fit looked pretty cool but couldn't tell much. A side silhouette would've been cool but i think i would've liked it regardless. Been killing it every day with his posts

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't owned raw jeans in over a year and probably don't own a single "SF groupthink" piece and I still think it's whack.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I find most interesting is that, so far, I haven't been surprised by anyone's individual reaction to Max's fit, based on what (admittedly little) I know of them through these forums.

Kill_switch

Reaction score
Why try to reintroduce something that is still being worn today with a negative stigma? This isn't a fanny pack that you rarely see on a male, they are stonewashed jeans and it wouldn't catch the eye of anyone outside of SF.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Petit Bateau
Folk
Lee
Prada

- so much inspiration to aspire..
Originally Posted by tonio028
My first contribution since the new thread breakout. Blizzard conditions out there so why not. From yesterday actually. It's tense up in here lately, must be cabin fever
- I like.. But then I am an old dog
Originally Posted by kixslf
Reigning Champ Baseball Jacket
Engineered Garment Cardigan
Gitman Oxford
Engineered Garments cinch-back
White dirty Vans with extra long laces
Tanner Goods for 3sixteen Waxed canvas tote

- you are one of the consistent posters that takes teh tiem & care to post good fits + pics..
Originally Posted by Mountains
Gartner.. Schmutter..
- but then those in the industry know that Gartner Hype Curve & Magic Quadrant are just paid for hype & not true industry indicators..
smile.gif

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know if they were pants instead of jeans with that same pale blue, I doubt there would be a single derogatory comment about the fit or colour.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Max knows what he's doing and the guy obviously has style. Max actually reminds me of a member on styleforum, I think his name is timpolete? (who dress pretty well btw). Some people may get confused with their outfitts but their fits are well done.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on guise lets talk about skull by anal chemist or something. Here's a crappy old blurry pic I never posted:
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzAtMjAwOTEwMDEtMTI1M.jpg
vintage goat suede jacket h&m jeans Barney's Chukkas.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this is SW&D & not MC.. & don't worry as I'm not going to pollute the raw denim wash with super fine wool softner on a regular basis like last year, but just wanted to get your feedback for this format..

Also if you are wondering.. Pantaloonees were sticking to my OTC socks.. it is very humid today..
& yes my shoulders are FUKED! Though this is not bad being OTR..

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads