• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you do last night? (This is How We Roll)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
personally, im rollin around the hospital on a wheely bed with an iv in one arm and my laptop in the other following my none-too-pleasant hernia op this morning.

ouch.

I'm telling you Mat, not everyone can squat a 'sclade. Mess with the best, die like the rest.
smile.gif
What, you're going to challenge me in the Kumite next? Fugettaboutit.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freakseam
hopefully, not everyone was "stinking drunk", or, if so, there was a designated driver.

No one had to drive, we only had to make it from our dining room up the stairs to our bedroom at the end of the night.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Have a German friend who lives in London staying with us for 10 days so we took her to a soul club (The 45 Club) in LA sat nite...met up with a few friends there and had a good time groovin to northern, motown, boogaloo. One of my friends we met up with is involved in "Street Wars" where you are assigned someone to "kill" (aka squirt with water gun) and it turned out his next target was a local mod/scooter boy who we guessed might be there and sure enough, he showed up and my friend got his kill. (The next night my friend got killed himself as someone was tracking him and shot him at a ****** club in hollywood). Got to wear my new Ozwald Boateng brown w/orange-blue check print mod-as-**** suit I recently scored.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
had a friend visiting from seattle, drove about a million miles this weekend.
got yelled at by some douchebag at a st. p's day party for being in his house using his bathroom. my friend told him we were stealing his couch and he was like "get out".
mobbed to disneyland and made fun of/talked **** to cheerleaders. the highlight of the day was this foreign dude and his girlfriend and he was like 6'5" and couldnt close the lap bar for space mountain so they pushed our "rocket" to BEHIND THE SCENES and we had to all get off and walk up some back stairs and go get on a different one, it was amazing. the ride operator was annoyed as **** and my friends and i thought it was the most amazing thing ever. we laughed it up with the foreign dude & his chick. good ****.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Eventful weekend on the tiles on my part - still recovering, will report back.

Reporting back: Had hellish deadline to meet last Thursday, hit the "send" button on my e-mail at five fifteeen, received first guest for the weekend, flying in from Paris, G., at the same time. Girlfriend picked him up, we had a quiet but wine-fuelled dinner and stumbled over to a friend of mine, B., who lives a stone's throw away, to meet a few people for various refreshments and chat. Fairly quiet night after all, in bed at around two.

Went into work Friday, still knackered after something like fourteen hours of sleep between Monday morning and Thursday night, had a bucket of coffee, did sweet F-all at work, and excused myself at two. Met Parisian (G.) after work, went into flat for second shower (the morning one didn’t seem to take), and changed from work corduroy suit to the following: Nudie RRDS, heavy black Church’s brogues, Etro white/blue/ yellow shirt, Dutti grey flannel odd jacket with patch pockets, pin-dotted silk scarf and knee-length DB dark blue overcoat. Promptly lost black gloves in a taxi. Saw the sights with G., out to dinner at local "experimental/arty" restaurant, good food, couldn't really see what was so experimental, but nothing near enough of it. (No time for eating so far that day.)

Then received other guest, J., from London, there to see his well-respected DJ brother play at a rave on the Sat. J. arrived just as "experimental cuisine" Friday dinner was over, then hit various night-clubs and bars, by way of a taxi relay marathon. Tried to keep growing assorted company of about twenty people in the same place, with varying success. Ended up at the most meat-markety night-club in town, to try to provide guests with entertainment for the night. Was tricked into the vulgarity of buying buckets of champagne at the last night-club, (admittedly at employee’s prices) and was then invited to stay behind after hours with the girls the bartenders and their ilk deemed good-looking enough. Fended several suitors off from girlfriend, after her hinting about assistance. All good fun, but too tired, and there seems to be a late-night correlation between short skirts and uninteresting conversation. Bed.

Sat morning, girlfriend took G. cross-country skiing, while I slyly crept back into bed for a few more hours. J. was staying at B.'s, so walked over there to take him to second breakfast at local cafÃ
00a9.png
. Walked a bit around, then ended up at my flat. People started arriving for the rave pre-party at around six, about fifteen people sitting around drinking and eh...

Then went to wholly illegit rave, headlining DJ Kemic-Al, J.'s brother.

_MG_0928.jpg

Wore Nudie RRDS, red zip hoodie, some Polo Sport crap casual shoes and worn-out Petroleum sweater. (No sense wrecking good clothes, and the Nudies are fairly robust, after all) The rave (Title: Altered State) was held at an equally illegal squat/Anarchists'/artists' community, mostly known for the general anti-rules attitude; smoke inside if you want to, bring booze or other, etc.

Photos: http://www.braindamage-promotions.com/altered_state/

Had great time, mostly sitting in the DJ's backstage room, talking to various people, notably an interesting but slightly hyper (well, in a good way) choreographer/dancer, just returned from NY. Danced a bit, more enthusiastically when gf removed odd-looking but supacool Gaultier sweater for strappy top.

_MG_0858.jpg
_MG_0875.jpg

Had bizarre conversations with a number of young people, about how I wasn’t too old for this at all. (I knew that.)

Was in bed at six in the morning, slept for two hours, which meant oversleeping for an hour, walked the wreck of G. to the train for the airport, took gf back to bed and then slept for a few hours, J. then came up for fry-up breakfast at around two, and we then proceeded to local pub for a quiet reparatory beer/water/etc. and some contemplation and quiet afterthought. Wore Barbour jacket, thick grey woolly sweater, narrow-wale cords, very old army shirt, houndstooth woollen scarf and very patinated old brown ghillie-like shoes. According to lady friend, was dressed like retired colonel, age sixty. Felt sixty, so appropriate.

Then saw J. off to airport plane, picked up said lady friend, gf, flatmate and went back to flat. Then the girlfriend, God bless her, proceeded to make huge Sunday pasta/lamb-chop dinner, with tiramisu ice-cream for the five of us. Very good woman, that. In bed with gf at ten, too tired for anything but sleep. I haven’t been more tired since the army.

That’s more or less what I remember.

I am getting old. Fantastic weekend, though.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yesterday my wife was at this thing with a group of friends. I invited 3 of the husbands, who I know pretty well, although they aren't really good friends, to come to my place for dinner. called in pizza and wings, one guy brought a few bottles of good red, one guy brought a few six packs of good nut brown ale, and the third brought some really nice cuban cigars. I broke open a bottle of good tequila and a bottle of good scotch. we sat around eating guy food, drinking and then smoking the cigars for a few hours, and just bullshiting.

more fun than I have had in a while.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
light work night -- only at office til 1. Back home went through ritual of medicating and feeding cat and cleaning my drug equipment (coffeemaker). Then had Schneider Aventinus and read half of Nothing But the Best, a sort of 1960s predecessor to Making the Man.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Clearly RJ youre not getting accustomed to the French way.

Remember, your 33rd hour in a week is paid overtime

Histrion

Reaction score
I went to a cocktail organized by my law school and then went to a bar with some friends. I intended on drinking only a beer but In ended up taking four of them and a pitcher after that. I was supposed to be studying. I guess I'll have to catch up on that wasted time now.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday 3/24:

Didn't have any plans so I called my friend at noon to see what was going on, especially since Uconn was playing at 10PM that night. He responded with lets go to NYC and watch the game there. So that is how the night started. Originally we were supposed to meet up with 15 people or so but plans got wrecked.

We met up at a friends apartment in Stamford, the 3 of us. After a quick beer we drove to the station and took the train into GC Station. We honestly had no clue where to eat so we wandered around and settled on this great Chinese Restaurant, somewhere a few blocks from TimeSquare. Seemed like a little hole in the wall but was very good. I'll have to get the name from my friend. We met up with a fourth person there and noticed that the time was almost 10:20. We left and tried to figure out where would be the best to watch the game.

We decided that the ESPN zone would be perfect because, well, they are ESPN. The vibe there was downright awful at first, service horrendous, bar was packed, it was very hot, they were out of a lot of beers on the third floor. We desperately needed a beer. There was an empty skybox(vip) so we decided to go in there figuring what is the worst that can happen, they throw us out? Well we watched half the florida game in there before getting thrown out. From the manager was the quote of the night, "The skybox is an important place for important people....like NBA players" LMAO. It isn't even a good vip area, unless you consider a few mid level leather couches in a small room with 2 20" TVs VIP.

After going back downstairs to the main bar, we finally got served alcohol amongst the masses and from there on the night took a great turn. The Florida/Georgetown game was a great finish and the crowd was yelling like crazy but then when the Uconn/Washington game neared the final minutes the crowd was crazy. We were all up front yelling and screaming and awesome finish!

We caught the 1:15 from GC and had a funny ride back on the train. Us 3 were chilling when around 10 or so 17-20 year olds, mostly girls but a few guys, came into our car intoxicated but with one HEAVILY intoxicated girl. We had fun the rest of the train ride watching them take pictures of the passed out girl in the seat behind me as she puked her guts out in a plastic bag. It looked like she was dead but she eventually woke up. At the station, drove home the 1hr or so ride and ended another pretty good night.

I love March Madness.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i smoked this legal psychedelic called salvia - it was more intense than any illegal psychedelic i've ever done

the good thing about it is that the effects completely wear off after twenty minutes - no hangover, no burnout, no afterglow, no lasting effects at all

even my memory of the experience seems to be slowly fading, like it never happened

Originally Posted by visionology
We honestly had no clue where to eat so we wandered around and settled on this great Chinese Restaurant, somewhere a few blocks from TimeSquare. Seemed like a little hole in the wall but was very good. I'll have to get the name from my friend.
hole-in-the-wall restaurants are amazing, there's this thai place by the lake that serves the most amazing soup ever

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
i smoked this legal psychedelic called salvia - it was more intense than any illegal psychedelic i've ever done

the good thing about it is that the effects completely wear off after twenty minutes - no hangover, no burnout, no afterglow, no lasting effects at all

even my memory of the experience seems to be slowly fading, like it never happened

Salvia is pretty nuts, mostly because it's crammed into such a short timespan. The trip was a lot more intense than my mind remembers it being.

heartworm

Reaction score
Worked ****** off friday/saturday, got woken up at 5.20 saturday by a patient who started throwing furniture around for an hour or so. Painted saturday evening until my friends showed up, had some beers and whiskey, went to the city but we decided that the bar we usually go to was too crowded and settled for a "jetset" bar nearby. Nice place but outrageous prices, and they couldn't even make me a Singapore Sling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads