1. Carlo Barbera Riserva 1911 dark grey (a shade lighter than charcoal) wool, made in Italy. Carlo Barbera was born in 1911 and this fabric line was made to commemorate that date. The Barbera mill is owned by Kiton now, and most of the fabric goes to the mothership. The stuff made for tailors is very expensive, the 1911 line retails in the $250-300 per yard range. If I am not mistaken the 1911 line is all super 150's but it does not say that on the selvage so assume its not. This fabric would make a terrific spring/summer/fall business suit, very silky finish and terrific drape. Also maintain its shape very well, does not wrinkle as soon as you look at it. Weight is approximately 9/10oz.
2. Zegna Mohair Trophy, 59% kid Mohair and 41% superfine wool in navy. This is Zegna's version of fresco, a dry, hard wearing, 12oz year round fabric. A terrific fabric which will make a suit to last a lifetime. I have a 4 yard piece for $280 or would cut a smaller piece for $80/yard. (SOLD)
3. Zegna Cool Effect Sun Reflecting grey wool. A spring/summer fabric (about 9oz), Zegna describes it best:
4. Scabal Made in England medium grey worsted. About 10/11oz, a terrific year round fabric. Scabal is the benchmark in terms of fabric quality and also one of the most expensive fabrics to get at retail/from your tailor. A suit in this fabric will knock out any grey suit in your wardrobe.
5. Last, but definitely not least, Zegna Trofeo oatmeal spring/summer weight (8/9oz) flannel for lack of a better term. Its basically a fabric for spring/summer and early fall, with a woolen finish. Trofeo is part of Zegna's higher end Couture collection, here is their description of it:
"Trofeo is a Lanificio Ermenegildo Zegna classic. A byword for excellence, this is a staple of the Couture collection. Strength, softness and resiliency are the main characteristics of Trofeo (100% wool), a worsted fabric made of prestige Australian Superfine merino wool with long fibers. Lanificio Ermenegildo Zegna enhances the characteristics of this fabric in a series of innovative versions differing in weave, weight and type of finish. Trofeo is ideal for formal and elegant garments"