1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

    There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.


    Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are "arcuate" or "arcs" on jeans? What are "tabs"? Common denim terms.

  1. Question (first posted by @Godspeed ): I have a quick terminology question. sometimes in the buying/selling forum sellers will say that their jeans have the "original arcs and tabs" or "original arcs and tabs still intact" or some variation on that. So, what are arcs and tabs??

    Answer (first posted by @JohnnyLaw ): Arcs or arcuates are the stitched design on the the back pockets of your jeans. The tab would be a little coloured piece of fabric that sticks out from under the pocket. Several japanese repro companies had to stop producing jeans with these after lawsuits from Levi's.
    This Q&A was first posted in our I have a Jean thread (clever, right?) Want to ask a question or contribute your knowledge to the community? Join the discussion here.

    New to Styleforum and want to get more informative articles, style tips, fashion news, and exclusive deals? Sign up for the newsletter.

    For a daily dose of Style (forum), follow us on Instagram.

    Share This Article


To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!
  1. Jimmy Balantyne
    Tabs were previously referred to as 'Tags'. As in 'Levi red tags'. Think Levi's came up with the 'Tab' business, some years later.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by