1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

    Fok and the Styleforum Team

    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice


Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are being worn away. What do I do?

  1. Question: I noticed that the back of the inside of my shoes are being worn away. Is there anything I can do to prevent or repair this? I'm guessing it's because the shoes are a touch too large?

    Answer: I rubbed through the back of a pair of my old J&M's (from back when the top of their line was a decent shoe). They weren't uncomfortable, but I decided to make them into rain beaters and as part of that had my cobbler replace the lining with something that is sturdier, softer and slightly thicker (in hopes of reducing/eliminating the heel slip). They're still in-process, but they showed the heel lining to me the other day - looks good and I think it will work.
    This Q&A was first posted in our Official Shoe Care Thread.
    Have a question and can't find an answer? Want to share your knowledge with the community? Try here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc

    Share This Article


To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!
  1. saint
    A good cobbler can replace the suede lining at the back of the heel; it is not an expensive repair.
  2. meister
    I get it because I have heel callousing like what the surfers call board lumps.
  3. VRaivio
    Another quick fix for this problem is to buy a pair of heel grips and glue them on the worn-out part. That's it!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by