1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Zegna

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by matadorpoeta, Dec 1, 2003.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Well-Known Member

i was at saks over the weekend and found some zegna suits i really liked. the label says only "zegna" rather than "ermenegildo zegna." the cut and fabrics are much more youthful, and they were in the same section as the versaces and d&g, rather than with the other zegnas. the prices are lower too; about $895 rather than $1,200-$1,500 for the regular line. anyone know of this line? i don't think i've seen it mentioned on this board, and i saw no mention of it on the zegna website. (this was not the "soft" line, i can tell by both the fabric and cut.)

2. matadorpoeta

anybody? the regular zegnas have a white or silver label with black writing. the one's i'm referring to have a black label with white or silver writing.

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

I think Zegna recently redid their lines. I saw one in Sak's while shopping on Friday as well...Didn't look at the label that closely other than to notice it was made in Mexico.

4. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

I've seen them. If I had to guess, I'd speculate that this is a replacement for the now-defunct Zegna Soft line. The suits are fused, and the level of quality isn't equivalent to regular Zegna.

5. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one of these new Zegna's yet (haven't looked, I tend to skip the Zegna section) but my guess is that you are talking about the new "Z" Zegna line. I've been hearing about it - it's their new entry-level suit.

6. matadorpoeta

if this is the replacement for the zegna soft line, that's great news. the soft line had the same look as the regular, except it was made with inferior fabrics and construction. while this new line may still be inferior in the same way, the silhouette is very different from the regular zegnas. the ones i saw had a very natural, sloping shoulder and a tapered waist, very similar to the new polo blue label suits. the fabrics also are more like cocktail party/nightclub style rather than something most people wear to work. hopefully they'll be at loehmann's in a few months and i can pick one up cheap.