• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna - Steal of the Year?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may, even though I don't have the greatest camera for clothing detail.
smile.gif

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the shop you're talking about... been there many times. Yeah, his description is accurate - it's an odd little place with very, very varied pricing. Very variable quality too. I saw a Brioni suit there once - only one I've ever seen in real life - that sat in the sun-drenched window for months. The kicker? there was a home-sewn rip in the seat of the pants. And they wanted $500 for it.

Nice enough shop, though - nice folks and a great cause. Just gotta be careful and patient with the tons of old Land's End shirts for $20 they carry. Also, if I were you I'd edit your post to make it less clear where the place is, though it's pretty much an obvious one anyway.

As far as this jacket - get the pics up and people can help you, obviously. The age can be somewhat determined by that and the inner label/labels, & inside pocket tag.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The WGP - No, I wouldn't do that. I don't go to that store all that often and, as far as I'm concerned, it's first come, first serve for the great bargains. Can't rationalize even purchasing great prices much of the time, either, though my basic practice is to purchase the higher-end type of clothing but at reduced prices - new or old. Someone at Sak's Beachwood told me they had the Zegna silk-cashmere blends, but we couldn't find any there today. Shame on those salespeople giving misleading information on the phone!!! Nordstrom's no Z, nor Dillards (I didn't ask but I don't think even the Beachwood Dillard's is up to EZ). The men's store could order some but not exactly this fabric. That might only leave Kilgour Trout in town - can't say for sure. They said they could get similar,

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Beachwood Dillards carries mainline Hickey Freeman, and that's as high as they go. Nordies... not much better, honestly. The Saks up there is at least better than the abysmal one here in Columbus, where the nicest thing in the men's department is RLBL and *nothing* whatsoever high-end makes an appearance. They're a running joke down here.
frown.gif
You want to check out Kilgore Trout, but also Cuffs out in Chagrin Falls and Adesso out towards Rocky River. Cuffs is something else, not what you'd expect to find in the midwest at all. Take your wife when the weather's nice and make an afternoon of it - they've got a nice little downtown square in Chagrin Falls.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I go to Chagrin Falls very frequently - one of my favorite places in Greater Cleveland - and Cuffs has long been my favorite habidashery. Let's say I know it intimately! Not too much in Italian there. I haven't checked to see if they have EZ there but I doubt it. I thought possibly Adesso but haven't checked. Anyway, I'll look for similar jackets the next time I'm at Kilgour Trout.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took photos yesterday but today I can't load them. Looks like camera needs recharging. So, a little patience, please....
smile.gif

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can supply info. from the tag, however. So guys - someone here said if I supplied the pics they should make it clear if the jacket ws part of a suit, approx. age, and size? Yes, btw, there is a tag that says "made in Switzerland."

[top: 56500C 11 CX : 1]
CLIENTE: 565640
CLIENTE S.P. 565640
ORDINE: 07341
RIGA: 001
ET. CLI: Z8K
ET. TEX: 12
ET. LAV: [blank]
ORD: CR
MERCATO: 56
PIG: NO
MATRICOLA: 55462
MODELLO: 1242S0
DROP: 7
STAT: R
TAGLIA: 50
V.P.: [blank]
CAPI/RIGA: 5
STG: 4
ELAB: 82
PARTITA: 12712

in fabric composition section: 126 001382 00001905
45905 Q S- 37-IAX-FBi8 -SGN03
51% SILK
49% CASHMERE

COMPOSIZIONE FODERA (LINING COMPOSITION):
100% RAYON

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can translate some of these from my Italian dictionary but not all. I've seen the number 50 or thereabouts on other EZ jackets in Saks and first thought it was the size but the word "taglia" doesn't seem to mean that. I'm wondering if my jacket is a "long" but I hope not.
So what info. can be gleaned here, before I can upload pictures?

andrew96

Reaction score
Originally Posted by davesmith
that's nothing, i've seen suits in thrift shops for $300+

Yep, depends on the shop. Sometimes a meddling Goodwill employee will spot something good and throw it in the case with a inflated price tag.

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
I can translate some of these from my Italian dictionary but not all. I've seen the number 50 or thereabouts on other EZ jackets in Saks and first thought it was the size but the word "taglia" doesn't seem to mean that. I'm wondering if my jacket is a "long" but I hope not.
So what info. can be gleaned here, before I can upload pictures?

Taglia is the size, in this case an EU 50, which I think is about the same as a US40. It's not a "long", the R means regular length. This jacket is a 50R with a drop 7, so if it was a suit the pants would be 33", but I don't believe the presence of a drop number means there were necessarily pants.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DoTheGrownup
Taglia is the size, in this case an EU 50, which I think is about the same as a US40. It's not a "long", the R means regular length. This jacket is a 50R with a drop 7, but I don't believe the presence of a drop number means there were necessarily pants.

+1 - it is a EU 50/US 40 R.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Searching on that model # brings up several sport coats, so it's probably safe to assume that this is not an orphaned suit jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads