1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by clintonf, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Merc26

Merc26 New Member

Help Sought

newbie member, but longtime lurker here, working on associating dates with Zegna's fabric manufacturing tags.
    looking for corrections to my work as needed as i am just starting to learn. i would graciously and unpretentiously appreciate your input and feedback; in fact i'm soliciting it.

i'm trying to educate myself about Zegna suits and jackets before i attempt to purchase one. i've purchased blazers and sport jackets from eBay before with good luck, but not a Zegna. i'm a graduate student and will need to purchase a suit in the next year or so; i don't want to get caught paying through the nose for a 15 year old suit!

Thank You in advance for your kind and thoughtful consideration and help.

ZEGNA MANUFACTURING TAGS

2012 to current
    [​IMG]

mid 2000s to 2012
    [​IMG]

mid 1990s to early 2000s
    [​IMG]

early 1990s and late 1980s (not sure about this one)
    [​IMG]

i didn't go any older as these tags represent 99% of the tags that are on eBay

2. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

3. Quesjac

Quesjac Well-Known Member

4. dreamspace

Could be. The Torrino model was successor, but it's very slim, with a drop 8. Nice cut IMO, but it's a bit too youthful for me now. Has quite slim lapels, and the trouser rise is/was also quite low. Very roped shoulders. All in all, it looked like a very modernized and slim cut of fit Roma.

Everything on the Manhattan cut seems to be a bit more conservative: Wider lapels, higher rise trousers w/pleats. I think the stand-out part is the ticket pocket...AFAIK, this is the first stock model from Zegna that comes with ticket pockets. Only seen that on MTM models before.

5. dreamspace

6. dreamspace

7. Quesjac

Yes, I have seen this one in the Zegna Roma store. On the rack they had a nice handmade lapel buttonhole and unfinished sleeves. Presumably plenty of internal handwork too.

8. Rylsa

Rylsa Well-Known Member

Any thoughts about the age and quality of this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Quesjac

Seriously old, but a fairly classic design which will work if it fits you well.