• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

Wayward

Reaction score
That looks like a trouser tag, and I can see the waistband above it. I just checked my Roma, and indeed the fabric is listed at the top.

I'm not able to date it, except to say that it's definitely pre-2012 when they switched to the new tag.

Man of Wealth and Taste

Reaction score

Would anyone know anything about this suit tag? It seems, for lack of a better term, upside down in that the materials and fabric info are listed at the top rather than the bottom. Is this a newer Zegna update? Any idea of the time range? Thanks!
Lots of Zegna pants tags are like that. It's not the most recent style but the second most recent. The newest tags only came out 2 or 3(?) years ago. I'd still classify those tags as "recent"

Agallimaufry

Reaction score
I have seen a sizing convention I'm not familiar with - the X. For example, a size 60X. What does the X signify? The measurements seem weird - like a drop 10 from the coat to the trousers. Any help would be great!

jeffdodge

Reaction score
Hey All,

Long time lurker her... great board, have learned a lot.

I just picked this up at - what I believe is - a steal. Nasty divorce, suit from ex-wife he wanted to get rid of. Only red flags I can think of is that he said the cleaner broke all the buttons (I wouldn't be surprised if it's the wife) and that she bought this for him from Neiman Marcus. Fits quite a big snugger than some of my older zegna and canali suits... thought he said he had some "minor" tailoring.

I did the pinch test on the lapels and it's full canvas. Cloth seems nice and logo looks right to, but....

Here are some pics... supposedly a 1-year old suit (flat front). Wanted to get your thoughts as to its legitimacy.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Example of chipped button:

Cheers guys!

Wayward

Reaction score

Hey All,

Long time lurker her... great board, have learned a lot.

I just picked this up at - what I believe is - a steal.  Nasty divorce, suit from ex-wife he wanted to get rid of.  Only red flags I can think of is that he said the cleaner broke all the buttons (I wouldn't be surprised if it's the wife) and that she bought this for him from Neiman Marcus.  Fits quite a big snugger than some of my older zegna and canali suits... thought he said he had some "minor" tailoring.

I did the pinch test on the lapels and it's full canvas.  Cloth seems nice and logo looks right to, but....

Here are some pics... supposedly a 1-year old suit (flat front).  Wanted to get your thoughts as to its legitimacy. 

Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers guys!

It's legit, with the following caveats:

The Roma model was discontinued around 2009(?), so if the suit was purchased new, it was likely a New Old Stock. The Roma is a more structured model, with strong shoulders and slightly more relaxed trousers. Based on the fact that your trousers are flat front, along with the way the internal label is stitched, this is likely the newer Romas, closer to the 2009 mark.

I don't even know if the Roma model is offered as MTM anymore, and in any case Zegna has been using a new fabric tag since ~2012, so there's no way that suit is manufactured a year ago.

As it happens, the buttons on my Roma are also broken, so I think that part is actually valid, especially since it's the only suit I have where that's occurred. Though I know my Roma is definitely older than yours, maybe they were using a specific batch of buttons that were problematic or something.

Last edited:

pi34

Reaction score
I've been trying to get some help on this. I've read up and learned that most Dunhill suits were made by either Zegna or Raffaele Caruso, but I still can't really find a tag that matches. Are any of you familiar whether or not this Alfred Dunhill was made by Zegna? If not, is anyone familiar whether or not it is a diffusion line?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunhill is still made by Zegna. I've seen both fused and canvassed models.

That said, Caruso also made recent pieces.

Is your jacket fused or canvassed? That tag doesn't look like Zegna's or Caruso's.

pi34

Reaction score
Dunhill is still made by Zegna. I've seen both fused and canvassed models.

That said, Caruso also made recent pieces.

Is your jacket fused or canvassed? That tag doesn't look like Zegna's or Caruso's.
I'm pretty sure its half canvassed but I'm not certain. Below the bottom button is just the outside layers of fabric. Above the top button the inside fabric is one layer like on the sleeves but the outer layer is fairly thick...there is definitely another layer of fabric there that it would separate from without much effort. I'm not certain whether that means it is half canvassed or the top half is fused with glue [not sure how easily a glued layer would separate]...I feel like my gut is saying its fused...kind of conflicted. It feels quite different than when I pinch my ISAIA garments. Usually the center layer is pretty free from the others in other jackets I've had my hands on.

Last edited:

Man of Wealth and Taste

Reaction score

I've been trying to get some help on this. I've read up and learned that most Dunhill suits were made by either Zegna or Raffaele Caruso, but I still can't really find a tag that matches. Are any of you familiar whether or not this Alfred Dunhill was made by Zegna? If not, is anyone familiar whether or not it is a diffusion line?
That jacket was absolutely not made by Zegna

pi34

Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate it. I was fairly certain it wasn't, and the lady at Dunhill in NYC had zero idea about it too.

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

is it any possible that id the line of this zegna coat by the neck tag?
i check some ebay lists, and find all those tags writing 'made in Switzerland/Italy'

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell the date from this?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any idea how old this one is? Pure Cashmere overcoat.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads