1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Zegna 40r going on 50% markdown at filene basement

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Mar 19, 2004.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

It is a medium gray 3 button, and I think it is ventless. 40R. I tried it on and the fit is great. Not quite my style though (and I can't afford another suit right now ). I'm not sure what line, but it is definitely not Zegna Soft. A medium weight wool, with (I believe) pic-stitching. Not sure if it's canvassed.

It was originally $1600 at Mr. Sid's. It's going to go on 50% markdown on Sunday -- which will make it a $300 steal for someone. Wanted to give you guys the heads up in case you wanted to take a look and are in Boston area. I can't imagine it selling before Sunday, but you better buy that thing first thing Sunday if you want it.

2. MikeF

MikeF Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to pick that suit up for me, I'll happily throw a few bucks their way via PayPal.

3. johnnynorman3

Are you in the Boston area? What kind of "buyers fee" would you throw in?

4. johnnynorman3

You know, I bet if you called up on Saturday around closing and asked for someone in Men's Suits (a guy named John McDaniel is a pretty nice guy), I bet he'd put that thing on hold for you.

5. MikeF

MikeF Well-Known Member

I don't live anywhere near Boston. And not much of a finder's fee -- not enough to make it worth anyone's time unless they were planning a visit there anyway.

6. johnnynorman3

Oh. Their return policy is also only 14 days, so even on markdown I'm not sure it's a good idea to buy something without seeing it.

Good luck though. I wasn't planning on making a trip there this weekend, anyways, so I couldn't help you. But I hope someone on this board gets a nice find.