1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Zara and Barney's Coop report (SCP)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drizzt3117, Oct 14, 2006.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I stopped by SCP again for a bit today, and despite the rain (WTF) there were some cool things to be seen.

Coop had some really cool new items. First of all, Rag & Bone has a cool leather jacket, that I'd never seen before. They only had it in 42 which is way too small for me as its quite slim fit, but its really nice ($600 or so, as I recall)

Nice collective, though, had the coolest thing in the store, and one of the coolest pieces I've ever seen. It's a leather m65 made of distressed leather, and it rocks the fucking house. They had one in XL and it fit me perfectly, and I really thought about taking it home, but $1115 was a bit steep [​IMG]

Trovata had a cool peacoat and velvet blazer, and Paul Smith had a neat navy blazer that had contrasting cuff buttons. Pretty slick. Nice collective also has a cool hoodie with a lightning patch on the side, pricey at $210 but really really comfy.

Zara had some more new pieces, the coolest of which was a brown corduroy blazer, and a navy wool peacoat that was really warm and quite slim fitting, with a rear belt. Other than that, the only other really cool thing they had was a military style wool front zip jacket with epaulettes. It was really awesome and $129.

2. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

What kind of store is Zara?

3. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

What kind of store is Zara?

upscale H&M is the best description

4. Lysol

Lysol Well-Known Member

upscale H&M is the best description

if h&m is old navy, zara is the gap.

personally, i think zara is a bit pricey for the quality of their items.

5. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

if h&m is old navy, zara is the gap.

personally, i think zara is a bit pricey for the quality of their items.

I agree. Over in Europe, where they basically sell the same stuff, Zara and H&M are pretty much on the same level. They have branded differently for the US market though.

6. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

I agree. Over in Europe, where they basically sell the same stuff, Zara and H&M are pretty much on the same level. They have branded differently for the US market though.

and zara in the US sucks compared to zara in europe, but i guess you could say the same about H&M

7. drizzt3117

and zara in the US sucks compared to zara in europe, but i guess you could say the same about H&M

I still think Zara in Europe is better than H&M in Europe...

8. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Well-Known Member

H&M is more pregressive compared to what the Zara in Houston, TX stocks

9. KingKongLives

KingKongLives Active Member

last time I looked at zara in the summer. [edit at SCP]

all i saw was women's clothing. was i missing something?

10. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Zara rips off a very specific set of designers (Calvin Klein, Prada, and Jil Sander come to mind), H&M goes for everything (they have that trend item that'll be outdated in 6 months that you're not willing to drop serious cash for).

11. drizzt3117

last time I looked at zara in the summer. [edit at SCP]

all i saw was women's clothing. was i missing something?

The men's section is in the very back.

12. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

The men's section is in the very back.

Some stores might not even have one.

13. drizzt3117

Some stores might not even have one.

Yeah, but he was talking about the specific Zara at South Coast Plaza.

14. drizzt3117

Oh, also APC has a really really cool sweater. It's grey with blue stripes, and looks amazing. The one on the model on the right, I believe. It was like $215... http://apc.fr/us/en/homme_look_8.php

15. raley

raley Well-Known Member

Did you try the APC sweater on? I bought an APC hoodie from a forum member, size 1 which I assume is the smallest. It fits really weird.

I'm 6'1" 160 lbs, so normally about a medium. The chest is like 3" too big but it fits fine in the body/length wise. I'm not sure what kind of models they are using for fit but it isn't a good one.

I imagine on a sweater it would look really off (more so than the hoodie). It seems like maybe it is cut for someone who is really v-shaped or something.

16. drizzt3117

I didn't try it on, but I think that would be a good shape for me, actually, I don't have as big a drop as some people on here but it's still like 10-11"