1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yuketen Footwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Nataku, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Well-Known Member

Fucking Oi Polloi. My bank account screamed in horror today as I just had to order myself a pair of those Ranger Mocc's.

Too expensive for me to not feel like I maybe shouldn't have bought them, but not expensive enough to restrain me from buying them. Here's hoping they're as beautiful as they look (and that they fit).

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

so the crepe sole ... is it ok on urban streets and concrete? or do you have to continually resole yuketens

3. deadstock

deadstock Well-Known Member

Crepe soles are fine on streets and concrete. They definitely get dirty, but no problems with durability.

4. Chris2289

Chris2289 Well-Known Member

Lol, if my grandad could see those. He has been wearing those for hunting for years. If you cannot find those specific ones have you tried looking on horse and hound sites, i'm sure they will have stockists

5. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Well-Known Member

Too expensive for me to not feel like I maybe shouldn't have bought them, but not expensive enough to restrain me from buying them. Here's hoping they're as beautiful as they look (and that they fit).

Is that where some of the proceeds of our transaction went?[​IMG]

I have them ...I think you will be pleased, they're really nice.

Which ones did you get? I have the Choco suede but the new leathers are so beautiful that I'm thinking of getting another pair....I'm telling myself I need them for my rotation.

It's interesting that Yuketen's prices seem to have gone up by less in the UK than Quoddy's. The Quoddy Grizzly shoe that Albam are selling is now the same price as the Yuketen Ranger Mocc at Oi Polloi.

Please let us know how you get on with the fit.

6. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Well-Known Member

Is that where some of the proceeds of our transaction went?[​IMG]

Not just some, ALL. [​IMG]

I got the ones in Buckaroo tobacco, they all do look beautiful though.

7. randomkoreandude

so ranger moccs vs quoddy boat shoes ... is it worth the price difference?

is there an easy way to get yuketen ranger moccs in the US other than oi polloi (dont wanna pay shipping, customs, and exchange rates)? can you order direct from yuketen like quoddy?

8. Lostinthesupermarket

It's not really a fair comparison since Ranger Moccs and the Quoddy Boat shoes have nothing in common except they both use moccasin construction.The Ranger Mocc is much more substantial.

Yuketen also do a boat shoe model which I know Bergdorfs in NYC have in stock right now. If that is what you are after, you should give them a call.

If you do, please ask them which other Yuketen models they have in stock and let us know.

9. wiru

wiru Well-Known Member

is there an easy way to get yuketen ranger moccs in the US other than oi polloi (dont wanna pay shipping, customs, and exchange rates)? can you order direct from yuketen like quoddy?
    The pound is so weak now that the price from Oipolloi is almost certainly cheaper than Bergdorf's. And fwiw, I have never had a customs charge on an Oipolloi order

10. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

STYLEFORUM -

Find these boots for me and I will forever be in your debt.

11. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Are there no other stockists right now besides BG and oi polloi? need moar!

12. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

13. deadstock

Supposedly http://www.megcompany.com/ stocks the brand. I just sent them an email asking what they have.

FWIW, I think Meg may just be a distributor.

14. Lostinthesupermarket

Meg seems to be a distribution company but I think that Yuki Matsuda from Yuketen is one of the principals there. He has answered emails I have sent to Meg. I don't know what the legal relationship between the two is though...

I'm not sure that Bergdorf sell the Ranger Moccs...and if they do it won't be in the same colorways sice the ones Oi Polloi have are exclusive to them and Japan.

BTW I was told that Yuketen are not made by Quoddy. Apparently the companies did work together in the past, but no longer.

Also the hybrid Goodyear boots will not be out until September.

15. randomkoreandude

can yuo not order direct from them like quoddy?

why are all of these american made companies so hard to order from? they cater to europe and japan and not to their own country

16. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ayeyaiyai

Blue suede, I want, where and how much?

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Damn how much and where for the white ones

18. deadstock

BTW I was told that Yuketen are not made by Quoddy. Apparently the companies did work together in the past, but no longer.

Really? Where did you hear that? Maybe because of Quoddy's recent price increase? I have noticed that some of the newer Yuketen models no longer have the Quoddy-esque logo on the insole. Yuketen seems to have moved on from the generic Quoddy shoe bags and packaging as well.

Hmmm. Are there other companies in the USA capeable of producing handmade moccasins of this quality? Russel and Alden come to mind, but... I'd be interested to know more.

19. 2nd sunday

2nd sunday Active Member

Blue suede, I want, where and how much?

This.