1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yuketen Fall/Winter 2010

Discussion in 'Styleforum Frontpage' started by shoreman1782, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Kvc06

Kvc06 Well-Known Member

Ranger Mocs on Vibrams sole look amazing for this season.

Love Vibram soles

2. jpbarrett

jpbarrett Member

If anyone in Australia is looking for a stockist of these- keep an eye on www.uptherestore.com

Although we (Up There Store) are not opening until September we just received our first lot of Yuketens and they are amazing....mainly Camper and Canoe Mocs for now, with a few Chukka boots

We will also have an online store launching in September for everyone International.

Worth a look is their clothing label Monitaly which is of equal quality and dopeness!

3. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

hi stanley thanks so much for sharing that [​IMG]

4. jpbarrett

jpbarrett Member

Ps. I'm currently rockin around in a pair of Blutcher Kilties in Red and also a pair of the Multi-coloured surfer Mocs.....swear by them, definatly great buys.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Would anyone know if Yuketen is making this boot in black ?

[​IMG]

Didn't see them in this f/w lookbook. There's a captoe boot but it's on a crepe sole, if I remember right.

6. airportlobby

airportlobby Well-Known Member

Would anyone know if Yuketen is making this boot in black ? [​IMG]
    Weird, just ordered a pair of these on eBay, cheap. Hopefully they're decent. Supposed to be prototypes - did they ever produce this model? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

7. whatever123

^ that is strange. the tags and hardware do not look like something Yuki would do, and they dont have that yuketen feel to them for some reason. but the leather looks likes like something they would use so i dont know.

i would contact meg company and see what they say. if they are not yuketens they will want to know about it anyway i would think.

that is really strange...

8. whatever123

^

also...it might be a meg company shoe or something yuki did but not under the yuketen name. meg company has several smaller companies as well. just another thought?

9. airportlobby

airportlobby Well-Known Member

Maybe I will. For $100, they're just boots to me, either way. The same seller also had a pair of of shoes in the same captoe design, that were labeled "Yuketen." So I believe him that they were made by or for Yuks. Either way, $100 boots, no big deal.

10. FatMod

FatMod Well-Known Member

11. whatever123

i think those may be the country rangers, its really hard to tell in that pic. and i have no idea, i have not seen that color. i would call retailers in their stocklist. i dont know anyone that carries that specific shoe.

i wish i could find a lot of their shoes, this past season has been their best...

12. JRyder

JRyder Well-Known Member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    i think those may be the country rangers, its really hard to tell in that pic. and i have no idea, i have not seen that color. i would call retailers in their stocklist. i dont know anyone that carries that specific shoe.

i wish i could find a lot of their shoes, this past season has been their best...

They are not ranger mocs, not even Yuketen. They are from a new shoe company set to launch in the next couple of weeks, but moc toe, vibram sole with goodyear type welt should be interesting. I have a better pic than the one above, pm me if you'd like to take a look.

13. whatever123

thanks for the clarification. super cool of you

14. FatMod

FatMod Well-Known Member

pm sent - however worth noting some AW10 Rangers are coming with a Vibram sole.

15. JRyder

JRyder Well-Known Member

That's why I thought these were the ranger mocs. I have a pair of country rangers which I love, but would really like something a bit more rugged for the wet months here in the PNW.

16. whatever123

17. JRyder

JRyder Well-Known Member

maybe try some of these?

http://www.yuketen.com/fall_winter_2...de_fa2009.html

I love all of them. Its a good think Yuketen doesn't sell directly to the public or all of their styles that matter, because I would be broke and divorced. My wife is right, I am cultish.

18. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

I wish some US stores would carry the Maine Guide Boots... at least a store in Maine should carry them.

19. JRyder

JRyder Well-Known Member

I wish some US stores would carry the Maine Guide Boots... at least a store in Maine should carry them.
    They haven't received their shipment, but they will be soon. Ryan says they're getting the Ceise colored Maine guide boot seen currently at Tres Bien as well as a special Inventory collaboration Maine guide shoe, and a dark grained angler moc. I can't wait. http://stockroom.inventorymagazine.com/products

20. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

They haven't received their shipment, but they will be soon. Ryan says they're getting the Ceise colored Maine guide boot seen currently at Tres Bien as well as a special Inventory collaboration Maine guide shoe, and a dark grained angler moc. I can't wait.

http://stockroom.inventorymagazine.com/products

awesome. Anyone have experience with their sizing? I have the surfer mocs in 10.5 and they are great, slightly loose, but I attribute that to them being surfer mocs and not being able to tie them. I remember trying another yuketen shoe loafers/mocs in 10 and they fit, but were definitely tight. Reading the description on Tres Bien they describe the boots as being larger and to size down... wondering if the sizing would be consistent with the surfer mocs.