1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Apr 15, 2011.

1. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

I just picked up a navy linen jacket at Brooks Brothers. They also had the same jacket in tan (very light, almost cream). I loved the jacket, but I can't figure out what color trousers to wear it with. It is too close in color to pair with light stone-colored chinos. I suppose it would look good with jeans, but I can't wear them to work.

Holdfast's original images are no longer available. Does anyone have any pictures of good pairings with a very light tan jacket? Here is a link to it: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Regen...var_MM00195_Color=LTBR&contentpos=9&cgid=0217

I hate the color combination the model is wearing. When I tried it on, I had on mid-gray trousers, and I thought that looked bad too.

2. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

I think the right stone chinos could work with something like that. Also, maybe a light grey trouser?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  3. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Any color that gives substantial color contrast would work: navy, gray, light blue (all of which I have). Actually, thanks for posting this. I may look again at the end of summer to see if it goes on sale (in my size, of course).

4. GuP

GuP Well-Known Member

reevolving - what did you end up with?

I feel like this thread should be bumped every summer b/c everyone should see NOBDs pimp summer game