1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Your very favorite video game?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

I poke with 2,1 / 2,1,4 / df+1 / df+1,4 / iWS+4 and occasionally chuck out iWS+2 to launch (surprisingly long range).

Outside of poke range, I throw out f+4 and hope for a counterhit, then d/b+2,2,3 to juggle.

2,4 to punish - natural combo + knockdown. Guaranteed after a parry as well. [​IMG]

Okay, how do you do iWS+2, iWS+4? sometimes I do it on accident, when I try to do it I end up doing SSR+2_4, and when I hold d long enough to FC, then WS+2, it's so long.. it's gotta be 20 frames.

I must be missing something on iWS moves.

BTW, I think f+4 is great for out of poke range. It's interesting.. to me, I didnt ever see a "poke range," I always jabbed way too much :-\\ That's probably why I do well with Steve, his 1,2,1 moves so far that it catches people even out of poke range.

Do you ever use cds+4, WS+2? or cds+1(,2 in DR I think? i only have 5.0/5.1) or CDS, f+1?

2. TKDKid

TKDKid Well-Known Member

Okay, how do you do iWS+2, iWS+4? sometimes I do it on accident, when I try to do it I end up doing SSR+2_4, and when I hold d long enough to FC, then WS+2, it's so long.. it's gotta be 20 frames.

I must be missing something on iWS moves.

BTW, I think f+4 is great for out of poke range. It's interesting.. to me, I didnt ever see a "poke range," I always jabbed way too much :-\\ That's probably why I do well with Steve, his 1,2,1 moves so far that it catches people even out of poke range.

Do you ever use cds+4, WS+2? or cds+1(,2 in DR I think? i only have 5.0/5.1) or CDS, f+1?

I probably don't do iWS "properly" - I just hold d/b until "crouching" registers but the character hasn't reached full crouch, then just release and hit 2 or 4.

By "outside of poke range" I mean when my standard pokes just whiff. At the same time, my opponent's pokes will probably also whiff, so they'd have to get closer to hit me (after blocking/getting hit by a barrage of pokes...) - which is when I hope f+4 catches them on counterhit. Not sure if this is a good set-up or not, but I find myself doing f+4 after iWS+4 a lot, because a blocked iWS+4 tends to push my opponent just out of poke range.

I should add that I'm a bit of a scrub with Jin so you may wanna take my advice with a big pinch of salt. [​IMG]

Re the CDS, the cancel to f,f+1 is pretty much the only move I use from it, maybe with the odd cancel to (E)WHF for variety.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

I probably don't do iWS "properly" - I just hold d/b until "crouching" registers but the character hasn't reached full crouch, then just release and hit 2 or 4.

By "outside of poke range" I mean when my standard pokes just whiff. At the same time, my opponent's pokes will probably also whiff, so they'd have to get closer to hit me (after blocking/getting hit by a barrage of pokes...) - which is when I hope f+4 catches them on counterhit. Not sure if this is a good set-up or not, but I find myself doing f+4 after iWS+4 a lot, because a blocked iWS+4 tends to push my opponent just out of poke range.

I should add that I'm a bit of a scrub with Jin so you may wanna take my advice with a big pinch of salt. [​IMG]

Re the CDS, the cancel to f,f+1 is pretty much the only move I use from it, maybe with the odd cancel to (E)WHF for variety.

Thanks very much, as well as Homme.

Even if you're a scrub, there's probably a couple moves I could borrow off ya [​IMG]