1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

your last meal

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by matadorpoeta, Jun 29, 2006.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Well-Known Member

if you were on death row, about to be executed, what would you want as your last meal?

i would ask for authentic memphis barbecue, because i've never had it.

2. Alter

Alter Well-Known Member

What a wonderfully morbid question. I will need to think about this one.

Sushi? Steak?

Hmmm....

3. Oddly Familiar

Oddly Familiar Well-Known Member

if you were on death row, about to be executed, what would you want as your last meal?

i would ask for authentic memphis barbecue, because i've never had it.

Personally I would go for something I know and love. I will probably be the only one on the forum to say this, but I would like to make my own sandwhich. Simple, no?

The sandwhich in question would be something like this:

Wheat bread
    Medium cheddar cheese
    Honey ham
    Mayonaise
    Shredded lettuce
    Salt & pepper
    Oil & vinegar

4. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

For my last meal, I could do worse than my lunch at the Oyster Bar with Vaclav.

Gazpacho liberally sprinkled with Maine lobster, followed by poached Bluepoint oysters and then a lobster roll.

Dessert is where it would get interesting.

I would request a 1972 Chateau D'Yquem to accompany a creme brulee. This request would probably succeed in prolonging my life for at least a few hours, but in the end I'd probably settle for a '63 (my birth year) or just about any available vintage of D'Yquem.

However, the taste I would want lingering on my palate when I was finally snuffed would be that of a cognac containing pre-philoxera eaux-de-vie -- Courviosier Esprit de Cognac comes to mind.

The taxpayers are picking up the tab, right?

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

I think Martell's L'Or cognac also has that distinction with the eaux de vie from the Le Paradis cellar.

6. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

Nothing, I'd see it as wasteful to eat if I were going to die soon anyway.

If I had to, probably some home-cooked meal from my childhood.

7. Nantucket Red

Nothing, I'd see it as wasteful to eat if I were going to die soon anyway.

If I had to, probably some home-cooked meal from my childhood.

According to this logic, you'd turn down your final cigarette when facing a firing squad.

8. Stax

Stax Well-Known Member

white toast (dry), four whole chickens and a coke

9. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

The Texas Dept of Corrections has or had a website listing the last meals of everyone they've executed since the death penalty was reinstated. It's rather harrowing to read, and includes or included one fellow who didn't eat anything until his mother begged him to. Then he had a hamburger.

In general, last meal rules require that there be no alcohol served, that the items be readily available in the town where the meal is being prepared, and that the food ordered be items the prison cafeteria be able to prepare. In other words, you're stuck with shit. I might ask them to kill me first than have to eat one last time the disgusting crap they cook there.

One fellow asked for SpaghettiOs as part of his last meal. They served him spaghetti. His last words were to the effect of, "I want everyone to know. I ordered SpaghettiOs, not spaghetti, and they gave me spaghetti."

Some of the last meals in this thread could only be ordered if prior to execution by a camp Bond villain.

10. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

According to this logic, you'd turn down your final cigarette when facing a firing squad.

F that, I need my nic fix!

11. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

id probably be up for a really really good pizza

12. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

The Texas Dept of Corrections has or had a website listing the last meals of everyone they've executed since the death penalty was reinstated. It's rather harrowing to read, and includes or included one fellow who didn't eat anything until his mother begged him to. Then he had a hamburger.

In general, last meal rules require that there be no alcohol served, that the items be readily available in the town where the meal is being prepared, and that the food ordered be items the prison cafeteria be able to prepare. In other words, you're stuck with shit. I might ask them to kill me first than have to eat one last time the disgusting crap they cook there.

One fellow asked for SpaghettiOs as part of his last meal. They served him spaghetti. His last words were to the effect of, "I want everyone to know. I ordered SpaghettiOs, not spaghetti, and they gave me spaghetti."

Some of the last meals in this thread could only be ordered if prior to execution by a camp Bond villain.

http://www.deadmaneating.com/dmearch.html

http://www.thememoryhole.org/deaths/...inal-meals.htm

13. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

THAT, is cruel and unusual punishment.

If possible, I'd like to have something cooked by my mother. If not, I'd have a giant piece of porterhouse. It tends to put me in a comatose.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Corn beef and potatoes, or Shabu Shabu.

15. tbabes

tbabes Well-Known Member

Seared foie gras and a '67 Chateau d'Yquem.

16. Nantucket Red

Seared foie gras and a '67 Chateau d'Yquem.

Ah yes, the '67.

I did think my idea of asking for a '72 was rather insouciant for a condemned man.

17. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Dry-aged ribeye stuffed with abalone and shark's fin, topped with foie gras and truffle shavings.

18. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

LOL and LOL

19. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

Dummies Guide to the Answer to this Question

by John April

If you are ever on death row, request as your last meal a stew containing all the livers and hearts of the prison staff, spiced with a key to your shackles. Request for utensils a loaded gun.

20. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Corn beef and potatoes, or Shabu Shabu.
    Ha! I can just see you asking for shabu shabu on death row. I bet they screw up the beef... I would say three large cold water lobster tails, a 72 oz medium rare flash broiled porterhouse with salt, pepper, and butter, Spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra cheese, two pounds of crisp thick cut smoked bacon, a 25 piece shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce and fresh lemon slices, a dozen warm Krispy Kreme original, a pound of smoked gouda, one 14" pepperoni and black olive pizza on hand-tossed crust, A pound of raw cookie dough, a pack of Camel Turkish Gold cigarettes, and ten double size Rockstar energy drinks. I'd never make it to the gas chamber... [​IMG]