1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite restaurant, period.

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by imageWIS, Sep 29, 2006.

1. mbc

mbc Well-Known Member

Yuca's Tacos, Los Angeles

2. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

La Bou d'Argent, NYC.
    I promised myself not to drink the night I attended.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Konashitei, in Kiyosato Japan. They have this whole crispy little fish, which I think is fresh caught. Sort of resembles a perch, anyhow, its delicious. If you click on the picture of the food on the main page, you'll see their dishes. Everything in the bottom tray picture is delicious. My grandparents know the people who run this place, as they "summer" right up the road. They gave me a bottle of Sake on my birthday, and it was also delicious. In Tokyo proper, Maisen. Home of the best Hirekatsu Teishoku ever. In Seattle, Coastal Kitchen, and Red Mill Burgers.

4. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Ramsey's, Lexington, Kentucky

5. odoreater

odoreater Well-Known Member

6. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Yuca's Tacos, Los Angeles
    Not that I don't mind their food or that it's a neighborhood tradition, but the fact that Dora has a better 'stache than I do has always just freaked me up. I'll stick to my bbq shredded chicken, goat cheese, and spinach quesadilla @ Mustard Seed's until she shaves.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Found out last night Madonna has discovered the cat restaurant. [​IMG] [​IMG] Much disappointment. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Is it very much an Anglo-styled locale?

8. mbc

mbc Well-Known Member

Not that I don't mind their food or that it's a neighborhood tradition, but the fact that Dora has a better 'stache than I do has always just freaked me up.

I'll stick to my bbq shredded chicken, goat cheese, and spinach quesadilla @ Mustard Seed's until she shaves.

Hey man, we all have our priorities. But those Yucatan tamales on Saturdays are awesome.

9. Homme

Homme Well-Known Member

Golden Century in Sydney.

10. timekeeping

timekeeping Well-Known Member

Golden Century in Sydney.

+1 for Golden Century.

The seafood is first rate.

At times, the queue outside the place is long enough to fit into another restaurant.

11. cuffthis

cuffthis Well-Known Member

Fattie's Restaurant, Negril, Jamaica. No menu, you get what she's cooking that day. Served family style, a whole fish dinner of Snapper, rice and peas and salad is about $5US. There are only 3 tables in the restaurant.

Simple but devine, the way it should be.

[​IMG]

12. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Well-Known Member

Ramsey's, Lexington, Kentucky

Really? I've never been a fan of anything but the breakfast.

13. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

MOUNT OLYMPUS
    Home of the Olympian Gods

Olympus was the residence of the divine family, the twelve most important ruling gods and goddesses of ancient Greece, who therefore were called the Olympians. There they all lived together in an enormous palace, high above the clouds. Olympus is generally identified with Mount Olympus in Thessaly, which is the highest mountain in Greece, but very often it is identified also as some mysterious region far above the earth.

It is written that Zeus talks to the gods from "the topmost peak of many-ridged Olympus," and only a little later he says that if he willed he could hang the earth and sea from a pinnacle of Olympus, clearly not a mountain. In either case, Olympus is not the equivalent of heaven. According to the writer Homer, Poseidon says that he rules the sea, Hades the dead, Zeus the heavens, but Olympus is common to all three.

FOOD:
    In its great halls they feasted on ambrosia and nectar and were entertained by Apollo’s lyre, the Graces and the Muses.

Nectar was a sweet drink made from fermented honey, and ambrosia was said to be an uncooked mixture of honey, water, fruit, olive oil, cheese and barley.

ACTUALLY
    ALINEA
    http://www.alinea-restaurant.com/
    CLICK ON THE CIRCLES

14. whoopee

whoopee Well-Known Member

Oh I love Alinea, too. I'm not sentimental enough about it to make it my favourite, though.

15. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

Bern's - Tampa
    The Dillard House - Dillard, GA
    The Jarrett House - Dillsboro, NC
    Chez Pierre - Tallahassee

16. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Well-Known Member

My tastes seem to be incredibly pedestrian compared to most of you. I'd have to divide my favorites up into the areas in which I spend the most time:

D.C.: Citronelle, Firefly, Sushi-Ko

Hunt Country Virginia: Four and Twenty Blackbirds, The Inn at Little Washington, Sucilee's

N.Y.C.: Peter Luger, Una Pizza Napoletana, WD-50

17. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

Le Botin - I had a bit too much Sangria and walked home feeling pretty happy [​IMG]

The Cabin, Glasgow with Wilma. Hmm, Soda bread.

18. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

I'm a lot more pedestrian too.

Every day eatin'
    Lemongrass -- Annapolis, Md

Less often eating (after I just had it a couple weeks back)
    Nooshi -- DC

Even less often:
    Wild Ginger -- Seattle
    Jones -- Philly

b

19. Carey

Carey Well-Known Member

Hands down the most consistent, wonderful and tastey food I have ever had. Bruce Moffett is a CIA trained chef, and his small restaurant is Zagat's Top Rated '03,'04, & '05. Business or pleasure, we return here for every occasion when gourmet food is the first priority.
    My tastes seem to be incredibly pedestrian compared to most of you. I'd have to divide my favorites up into the areas in which I spend the most time: D.C.: Citronelle, Firefly, Sushi-Ko Hunt Country Virginia: Four and Twenty Blackbirds, The Inn at Little Washington, Sucilee's N.Y.C.: Peter Luger, Una Pizza Napoletana, WD-50
    My worst and most expensive meal was at Citronelle. They had a scallop ceviche appetizer. It was the most foul thing I ever tasted. The dining room is nothing special and the food was not transcendent. Have wanted to try Inn at Little Washington. WD-50: Tried to get a group of co-workers to go to, but they are not adventurous. I will try your others when I go back to NYC.

20. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Well-Known Member

Bouchon - the poor-man's version of "The French Laundry" - Napa, CA