1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite fast food restaurant and meal?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by mrpologuy, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ts4them

ts4them Well-Known Member

The French dip + cheddar w/ large curly fries and an ice-cold soft drink is an unholy delight.
    YEEESSS!!! (except I HATE curly fries)

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

YEEESSS!!! (except I HATE curly fries)

I love the potato cakes too, if you prefer those!

3. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

Oh shit, topcat reminded me of Skyline Chili (3 or 4 way, ftw!) (does this count as fast food? I think it does.)

Four way bean or onion? It doesn't even matter; if you don't do a five way, you're nothing.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Four way bean or onion? It doesn't even matter; if you don't do a five way, you're nothing.

Onion, I don't like beans [​IMG]

5. ts4them

I love the potato cakes too, if you prefer those!
    I do like those a lot better. Have you noticed that they changed the bbq sauce at Arby's in recent years? I used to love it, but they've made it thicker and sweeter than the original, and now I hate it. It used to have a little vinegar zing to it that's no longer there. Just wondering if I'm the only one who's noticed. Still love the Horsey sauce though, and thanks for the brilliant idea of adding cheddar to the French Dip!

6. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

I do like those a lot better. Have you noticed that they changed the bbq sauce at Arby's in recent years? I used to love it, but they've made it thicker and sweeter than the original, and now I hate it. It used to have a little vinegar zing to it that's no longer there. Just wondering if I'm the only one who's noticed. Still love the Horsey sauce though, and thanks for the brilliant idea of adding cheddar to the French Dip!
    That's crazy talk. Arby's sauce tastes the same to me, at least in LA. I literally drink a glass of it with my sandwich every time.

7. ts4them

That's crazy talk. Arby's sauce tastes the same to me, at least in LA. I literally drink a glass of it with my sandwich every time.
    Well, they've definitely changed what they use in Va., which is the only place I ever get Arby's. There aren't any in NYC (they did have one in the West Village for a couple of years), so I can't say, but good to know that it hasn't changed everywhere.

8. ghostdeini

ghostdeini Well-Known Member

ohhhhhhhh how I miss Mos Burger. I'm really glad a couple people mentioned it in this thread. last time I had one was this past summer in tokyo, and prior to that , Hawaii. I should consider opening a franchise here in connecticut.

9. Vashin

Vashin Well-Known Member

I guess being Canadian, my most favourite fast food item has got to be poutine... one of the greatest inventions the french Canadians have ever invented.

10. spertia

spertia Well-Known Member

No mention of Hardee's? I really think their Thickburgers are the best fast-food burgers available (granted, we don't have In N Out around here).

I also love Chik Fil A, as several others have mentioned. Their nuggets are addictive; I hate to think what kind of damage I could do if I were ever put in front of one of the party platters shown on their menu....

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

A good take out gyro is hard to beat....does that qualify as fast food?

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

anyone know of Alberto's or Roberto's? a 24 hour greasy taco fast food joint?
    i know of one in La Jolla, and one in Anaheim,

they have these 3-rolled tacos with Guacamole,

oh man,
    the very greasy, crunchy and chewy, thick rolled tacos with a pound of shredded jack cheese on top with a slab of guacamole slop on top.

that guac and jack cheese mixture , mix in a bit of their very hot salsa, is a delicious cement slop that mixes well with the greasy Chewy taco bite ,

oaahh. very good very heartburn and very mm

13. dan87

dan87 Active Member

Wendys Bacon burger with large fries and malt!

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I plan on trying In N Out today to see how it compares to the reigning champion in my mind. I will keep you posted.

15. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Well-Known Member

Mine has to be A&W.

Mozza burger with thick hand cut onion rings and an ice cold root beer in a glass mug.

16. Histrion

Histrion Well-Known Member

I hardly ever eat fast-food other than Subway or pitas from local lebanese joints, but you guys are making me crave for a huge, fat hamburger. Too bad, the city in which I am right now doesn't have any good joints of the like. Damn.

17. French Cuff Consignment

French Cuff Consignment Active Member

Get a half chicken, garlic paste and a few pitas from Zankou Chicken, and then just go and visit heaven... wash it down with a large Pepsi, and you're done!