1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite car brand

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by DNW, Jun 14, 2006.

1. chrysalid

chrysalid Well-Known Member

2. BayArea

BayArea Active Member

ferrari cuz the F430, ever since i rode in one.

3. Hanseat

Hanseat Well-Known Member

Audi- love the 2006 A/S6

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

My favorite car brands are, predictably, Packard in the vintage category, and in the modern category, probably BMW, though my current favorite car is the Maserati Quattraporte.

6. SGladwell

SGladwell Well-Known Member

Bristol:

Have you seen the Paul Smith cufflinks from a few seasons ago with the Bristol 405 on them? (Front on one, back on another.)

7. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Well-Known Member

Saw them, and was sorely tempted, but left them in the shop. But I like the way Smith uses the image of the car. Pic of one like the one in the ad above: [​IMG]

8. DrSbaitso

DrSbaitso Member

1. Porsche
    2. Aston Martin
    3. Lotus

9. 16520Man

16520Man Well-Known Member

All things considered, I'd have a 246 Dino and a 360 Modena.

I can't help but give props to the post on the DÃ[​IMG]esse.

I'm pretty much an ex-Porsche guy. They are excellent well-balanced cars, but they are too expensive for what they are. I replaced mine with two cars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

Nice Rides. Can you give a critique of the Lotus, from a 'livability' standpoint?

~ Huntsman

11. 16520Man

Nice Rides. Can you give a critique of the Lotus, from a 'livability' standpoint?

~ Huntsman

Yes. I ordered the BMW only after I took delivery of the Elise. Specifically, the next day. The Lotus is great at what it does. There is nothing that comes close as far as pure flickability, not even at $100K more. However, it is noisy, harsh, hot, and devoid of any luxury. And, of course, it leaks in the rain. I generally check the weather forecast for a given week before I decide whether to take the cover off.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Do you have Comfort Access? If so has it broken yet? I've been hearing and reading all kinds of problems with the system.

Jon.

13. 16520Man

Do you have Comfort Access? If so has it broken yet? I've been hearing and reading all kinds of problems with the system.

Jon.

No, mine is a July 2005 production; they weren't shipping CA then. I did see on e90post that several owners have problems.

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

No, mine is a July 2005 production; they weren't shipping CA then. I did see on e90post that several owners have problems.

And I know 3 people who have 3-Series with CA and have problems as well.

Jon.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

With all these electronic systems, I wouldn't be surprised something as Comfort Access would prove problematic. As for the Lotus, most sportscars tend to be rather uncomfortable, and it seems especially British roadsters. A vintage Austin Healey can get very hot. And Americans don't seem to like the Italian driving style of long legs, and short arms. Indeed, vintage sportscars are quite small. One of my favorites is the Lancia Fulvia with its narrow angle V4 engine. It was a famous rally car. [​IMG]