1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

you know when you're an SF'er when

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thiago, Sep 2, 2011.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

Correct. :)

THE OP HAS BEEN BANNED CAN WE PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE? DONT REPOND.

2. thiago

thiago Active Member

fool! you cannot ban me! ha!

3. kellgy

kellgy Well-Known Member

+1,000 Thank you.

4. hellodocks

hellodocks Well-Known Member

Please. Come to New York, find me, and say that to my face. Would love it, absolutely love it.

5. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

6. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Well-Known Member

I assume he means Bush Sr...

7. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

A potentially amusing light hearted thread has turned into bullshit. I suspect a new user will ressurect this thread in 3 years time to add in his argument, but for now, I concur with SPOO,

/thread

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  8. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

haha. nope. Dubs first term though. ;) im pushing 30 years old. (too old to have an argument with an asshole on the internet i know)

9. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Funny as right-wing people can't stand being seen as one..

It is like the "I'm not racist but" moment...

Right wingers tend to be driven by more individualistic stimuli than liberals...

They can mask it under the Self-reliance less taxes less governments mantra as long as they want but they tend to be less social orientated than so called Liberals...

Nothing wrong with that but it is a fact...

10. gateslion

gateslion Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say the the right "hates to be called the right", I think it just depends on how it is put out. Right winger, leftist, "neo con" and liberal aren't neccessarily perjorative terms, but if it gets delivered that way, the target usually objects.

11. kellgy

kellgy Well-Known Member

Most people do not like to be viewed in a pejorative term especially when the linked depiction is not an accurate description of their views. When these statements are made, it is generally evident the author does not care about accurate representation of those who do not share their views. Caricatures describing others' intentions in this manner is generally considered intolerant and shows distaste for others.

12. hellodocks

hellodocks Well-Known Member

Fiscal conservative, social moderate.

13. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Well-Known Member

Can you do me a favor and please drink some bleach?

14. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

If you really believe in so called right-wing policies , why do you feel insulted by being called one?

Be honest , the rhetorics used by Republicans is on the line of smaller taxes, small government. a strong nationalistic/anti-immigrants/ethnic minorities and militaristic penchant with a good dose of God thrown in the mix..

If it's a caricature , it is good a good one..

I'm a social-Christian democrat and I'm proud of it..

Being called Liberal is a badge of honour not an insult.

15. Sonny58

Sonny58 Well-Known Member

16. Pembers

Pembers Well-Known Member

My grandad's a marquess, and half of my clothes and shoes are from ebay and oxfam. That's because I'm a student without any money, to be fair. Said grandad, though, about whose money weird internet conspiracy pages have literally been written (you've probably the kind of person who writes on them, actually), buys EVERYTHING at a couple of charity shops that are local to him. His "attire" (that's what you call clothes, isn't it?) doesn't even consist of beaten-to-hell bespoke - which is what SF thinks upper-class English people wear, I think - but actual tat. Unfortunately for a small-time snob like yourself, social status doesn't emanate from shiny white carpets and cashmere, nor from an averson to "low class" areas. If you think it does, then that's only because you're so far from having it; which is funny, if you think about it. :D

17. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Suits him well ...

He also said he would prefer being American than British during a US tour...

A lot of things have been wrongly attributed to him...

He was a political animal , opportunistic and sometimes ready to change his mind and party.

18. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

You know you are ment for SF's CE forum when your conversation distills itself to politics. ​

I like the way you put that.

Regarding conservative and liberal ... the terms are not static. For example, Barry Goldwater, the 1964 Republican candidate for president, represented the more conservative side of his party. Well, he was the more conservative Republican candidate by that party's 1964 standards. But by today's Republican standards, he's often viewed as having been unacceptably liberal. A successful Republican who believes in a woman's right to choose and has no issue with gays serving in the military is ... well ... unthinkable today.

To bad that Churchill isn't still around so that he might have the opportunity to rephrase his comment in light of today's idea of 'conservatism.'

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  19. Insurance man

Insurance man Member

You find yourself watching a movie and you say "Wtf is he thanking wearing that tie with that shirt and his shoes are not even working with that."

20. Achilles_

Achilles_ Well-Known Member

How is Melanzana not banned? :confused: