1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yoropiko Jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by why, Nov 7, 2007.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

SPURR jeans also have selvedge on the back belt loop, as well are on the fly.

2. Dunnymonster

Dunnymonster Member

You mean like some of the Samurai jeans? Or . . . shit, this isn't worth it, nevermind.

[​IMG]

The Samurai jeans look excellent, ive seen a few pics before and heard of their reputation for denim quality but not seen them on sale here in the UK sadly. I'll have to check them out! Thanks for that[​IMG]

3. Dunnymonster

Dunnymonster Member

SPURR jeans also have selvedge on the back belt loop, as well are on the fly.
    Not heard of Spurr jeans will have to check them out on the net i think, cheers for that LA Guy

4. Dunnymonster

Dunnymonster Member

dude, dunny, you are like the worst troll ever.

Being new to forums in general i wasnt aware what a "troll" was, and believed this comment to refer to my tastes in general which i took with good humour, however a learned friend of mine advised me that the term refers to a person who either represents a company and is probably on the payroll, who goes onto forums like this one and "Bigs up" a product, for the benefit of sales and promotions. I would like to make it clear that i do not work for or represent any brands discussed on this or any other forum. I work as a parcel delivery man for DHL for the record, and if others can only call me a Troll just because i enthusiastically endorse a product that they dont like then what is the point of having a forum at all if we are all to agree with everything each other says! I accept this sort of thing goes on, but just consider what i say with at least some credibility. Even if you disagree strongly with my taste in fashion i will accept this as part of a genuine debate. So come on guys, lets make this a balanced forum where people can state their opinion an learn more from each other, after all isnt that the whole point of all this!

5. Crooow

Crooow Well-Known Member

Being new to forums in general i wasnt aware what a "troll" was, and believed this comment to refer to my tastes in general which i took with good humour, however a learned friend of mine advised me that the term refers to a person who either represents a company and is probably on the payroll, who goes onto forums like this one and "Bigs up" a product, for the benefit of sales and promotions.

I think the term your friend is referring to is a shill: someone who promotes or tries to generate interest in a product without advertising their own particular financial interest in it. A troll, on the other hand, is someone who goes into a forum and espouses unpopular (or just plain ridiculous) opinions solely for the purpose of inciting controversy and/or disagreement. A troll is generally someone who does not have anything of value to add, and can only generate response or interest by playing the contrarian.

I have no comment as to whether you fit either of these definitions. [​IMG]

6. Dunnymonster

Dunnymonster Member

I think the term your friend is referring to is a shill: someone who promotes or tries to generate interest in a product without advertising their own particular financial interest in it. A troll, on the other hand, is someone who goes into a forum and espouses unpopular (or just plain ridiculous) opinions solely for the purpose of inciting controversy and/or disagreement. A troll is generally someone who does not have anything of value to add, and can only generate response or interest by playing the contrarian.

I have no comment as to whether you fit either of these definitions. [​IMG]

Many thanks for your input, i wasnt aware of the term Shill either. I certainly have no intentions of inciting controversy for the sake of it. I genuinely happen to like the Red Monkey/Yoropiko brands and believe them to be excellently made products. I do accept that the vast majority of forum members dislike these products, stylisticly but i feel that as legitimate brands offering something different they do have a place for discussion alongside other premium denim brands. Lets not forget that this forum is "streetwear and denim" and in that context the above brands deserve mention alongside the likes of Evisu ( another brand disliked by this forum). Thankyou again however for explaining the above terms, as always this forum should be a place where everybody can learn from each other, cheers buddy[​IMG]

7. Michael Barnes

Michael Barnes New Member

I love Yoropiko.... I love RMC, Evisu, Edwin, Buzz Rickson and Sugar Cane, Starting to take an interest in Japan Blues Momotaro.....
    Still I'm with you Dunny..... And my own opinion is that Martin Yat Ming/Martin Ksohoh has brought more imagination, design and quality to the denim art world than most.... ;)