1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

SS95. Very few (any?) pics online unfortunately.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Well-Known Member

@asabu, thanks for the info, quite like the fact that there are not much visual information online. i will try find more and share it here.
    ps: i just finished project based on ekoh hosoe and his "kamaitachi" =))) love the avatar.

something else i used for research. it's been mention couple of times over the forums. anyone who it's interested in japanese fashion should get this book.

the y's looks from the book:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. cowerd

cowerd Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  4. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

That's awesome, what kind of project was that? The Sonomama book looks great btw, will try to locate a copy, thanks for the rec

5. dantebykiko

@ivwri those trousers? [​IMG]
    @asobu i had to design shop for my project and used some of the photos from the book. i have to buy sonomama too as this copy was lent to me by my tutor.

6. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Yeah those ones. According to the Japanese SS12 release schedule those pants did not enter production :(.

If the runway sample ever comes up for sale on eBay that would probably be the only way to nab one.

7. wogbog

wogbog Well-Known Member

The print on those pants looks crazy. Are some of the figures paler than others?

8. dantebykiko

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Yup. It's all small circles and some are more complete than others.

The close-ups on vogue are pretty nice -

http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spri...hji-yamamoto/close-up-photos/page/2#/image/23 and,

http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spri...hji-yamamoto/close-up-photos/page/2#/image/22

Looks like the placket is on the correct side for men's. Looks good too. :nodding:

10. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Just found and picked these up on Rakuten for relatively cheap via Drew.

SS08 pants -

[​IMG]

Runway shot (in navy) -

[​IMG]

Now the wait for them to get here :happy:.

Also, was it one of you guys that picked up the suspender jacket on eBay? Saw that it was gone when I went to check it out one more time.

1 person likes this.
  11. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

That SS07 suspender blazer is truly amazing. Many iterations with different fabrics, lapels and cuts. That blazer is Rex Woo's stuff. He trades on eBay under comma comma but he has a physical ' showroom ' in Hong Kong. That blazer may have been sold in the shop rather than eBayed. However sometimes he takes items off eBay if they are not sold and re-lists them after a while so watch out or ask him directly.

12. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

That SS08 set up is black, wire sold you the shirt so you just need the blazer now :)

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  13. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

^^Ivwri, nice pickup. The cotton blends in this first segment of the show is apparently really nice. I'd like to get my hands on one of those pocket jackets sometime. I'm pretty sure that runway look is in black, the color just looks weird in the photo due to the lighting or something. So those should be the same ones as you picked up. I don't think these jackets were made in navy. Here's another shot of the same look (you have that shirt as well, just need the jacket now!, hehe):

[​IMG]

14. dantebykiko

i was planning to buy these yohji trousers. glad you did! btw aitor it's doing same style pockets for the his new collection =))

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Ah I see. Yeah, now that I have seen the second pic asobu posted, it must have being lighting for sure. I DO have to look for the jacket now don't I? Hehe. Well, will see if it comes up anywhere. Looking for that belt as well.

:wow: :drool: :slayer:

Is it confirmed then?

[​IMG]

16. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

cool pants, ivwri! that whole suit combo is great, too. love the rectangular pockets.

btw, I wish yohji made more stuff in navy (or gray). sometimes black is too severe for me... but I know it's his favorite.

:marchal:

17. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Thanks!

AW12 looks like the answer to your wishes; loads of navy, gray and red in there :D.

1 person likes this.
  18. dantebykiko

19. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip kiko, will think about it. Looks great.

Also davidlee thanks for the info on comma comma. Will shoot him a message once I get some spare dough so that if he does still have it or another iteration I can pick it up. Maybe I will get lucky and get the size 4 :devil:.

20. dantebykiko

considering buying one of those jackets:

[​IMG]or[​IMG][​IMG]

any suggestions?

edit: never mind, bought both... need to sell my y's jackets to cover the cost now..

2 people like this.