1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dellacruz

Dellacruz Member

Yeah I don't know. The text just seems off to me compared to other Yohji stuff I own. Maybe just a manufacturer error perhaps?

2. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

They are genuine to me. It will be even more helpful with pictures of the pants themselves. AW05 collection from the code. 101 is indeed wool which is confirmed at the back of the tag.

3. Dellacruz

Dellacruz Member

Here are some pics [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  4. Dellacruz

Dellacruz Member

Not the best lighting....my apologies

5. Moopis

Moopis New Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody has information about this. I recently came back from Japan and have been searching everywhere for the Yohji Yamamoto's signature tote bag. I've been to many of the stores and I hear that the Aoyama store is the only one that carries it but I have never seen it there. I also heard that you receive it if you spend over 100,000yen at the store but was wondering if that still is the case or if they sell it for a limited time
    [​IMG]

6. conduit

conduit New Member

Could some one please help me find the name of this model from aw 2009.

I believe he is a perfume maker in Paris
    [​IMG]

7. Ragechester

Ragechester Well-Known Member

Kind of a nondescript jacket but does anyone know what year/season this is from. Trying to get an idea of how it might fit, looks like it might have more a sloped shoulder?
    [​IMG]

8. kaf1

kaf1 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We share.
    FW marble and SS16 pants for her
    FW 15 deconstructed asym blazer and cdg black pants for me
    In Tokyo another week!

9 people like this.
  9. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

We seldom see Yohji wearing/loving couples here, bravo!

10. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

great presentation

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  11. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

SS17 was insane ... so many good looks :slayer:

short clip

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

long clip

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2 people like this.
  12. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

oldskool

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    4 people like this.
  13. yyfans

yyfans Member

14. SombreroFallout

SombreroFallout Member

summoning the dead here to hopefully answer an obvious question. i recently got a yyph shirt that was made in italy post 2000s but i've never heard/seen any yyph pieces being made there with the exception of a post from david saying he had an aw02 knit from there. anyone have any experience/should i post tag pictures? i know there are fakes out there but i feel like this is a really confusing thing to fake as it's incredibly basic and not recognizable

15. sosuke

sosuke Well-Known Member

I've had a t shirt made there. I feel like the fakes would say made in Japan since that is where most Yohji is made. You're probably fine but maybe posting the tags will give you further assurance.

16. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Well-Known Member

17. Dellacruz

Dellacruz Member

Anyone have any good recommendations for a pair of derbies that compliment the whole Yohji aesthetic? Been on the hunt for a pair for a while now.

18. Inter

Inter Member

X-posting from a thread I started that hasn't had any responses. I'm interested in the clothes yohji wears in Notebook on Cities and Clothes.

I love the clothes Yohji wears in this film. They're very understated and extremely refined, much like Yohji himself. I particularly love the way the loose tops and the high-waisted pants meet and the drape it produces over the belt. Can anyone give me any tips on how to put together fits like this? If you could link to similar fits and appropriate pieces that would be wonderful.

I've included some screenshots in the spoiler. A lot of the film is shot on a video recorder rather than a film camera, so the images are quite low-res. It works wonderfully in the film, but unfortunately doesn't translate well to still image.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ProfMonnitoff

ProfMonnitoff Well-Known Member

Any advice on where to find vintage Yohji in japan other than the big resale shops like ragtag? I'm going to Tokyo, Okayama, Osaka, and Kyoto.

I remember finding a few vintage shops that specialized in Yohji a while ago while browsing Rakuten, but can't remember their names anymore unfortunately. Will try Lumiere Vive in Osaka, but there were loads of other also that I forgot about.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  20. ambivalence

ambivalence Well-Known Member

Can try 10tow at shibuya opposite tokyu hand in tokyo

1 person likes this.