1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ADRIANAPPIO

ADRIANAPPIO New Member

hey David its Adrian
    just found this forum by chance haha

1 person likes this.
  2. kaf1

kaf1 New Member

does anyone know what the stock at tokyo based stores would be like if I went mid/late June? Visiting over the summer, hoping there will still be a sizable amount of SS16 left.

3. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

Hello Adrian.
    I think people here will be in shock when they see your collection of Yohji pieces [​IMG]

4. ADRIANAPPIO

ADRIANAPPIO New Member

hahaha as shock as they were when they knew about yours? lol

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  5. ADRIANAPPIO

ADRIANAPPIO New Member

i was there just this month and the deliveries are almost complete, in my case already had trouble finding size, I normally wear 3 but this collection is pretty small in fit, and size 4 was difficult to find in particular for tops and jackets even size 3 was already sold out on many styles. but many styles i didnt try or ask. So you may find things that fit you.

1 person likes this.
  6. kingsolomon

kingsolomon Member

7. davidlee388

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. happyriverz

happyriverz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Runway pic:
    [​IMG]

Bought my first vintage Yohji recently. From the fabric code, these pants look to be from the YYPH FW1998 season (I would love to get more pieces from this season, and using all female models of all shapes and sizes really illustrate the fact that YY looks good on pretty much everyone; more runway pics here) They use alpha-sizing instead of numerical dozing. I really like the patterns on this: it's alternating white and red broken stripes with a jacquard paisley print on top. From afar they just look like navy pants bit the subtle prints show up close. Very cool.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. davidlee388

Long time no posting a picture :)

[​IMG]

YYPH AW09 wool fedora
    YYPH SS16 Look 34 wool Yuuka Asakura Sketch Long Blazer
    YYPH SS16 Look 34 duo-cotton Yuuka Asakura Sketch LS Shirt
    YYPH SS12 Suspenders
    YYPH SS16 Look 34 wool Yuuka Asakura Sketch Low Crotch Suspender Pants
    YFM AW06 leather Creepers

Until Next Time :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    9 people like this.
  10. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

pretty new here so hello everyone

anyone know if it's still possible to get this blazer? It's from ss15 I believe

[​IMG]

11. kingsolomon

kingsolomon Member

12. slowcooker

slowcooker New Member

New to the thread. Really interested in the fabric codes spreadsheet in the first post, but it seems the link's been inactive for a while. Does anyone else have a list of sorts?

13. the grouch

the grouch New Member

I believe the idea of cataloging the fabric codes was abandoned after it was shown that they weren't consistent across different seasons. 100 seems to be the standard yohji laine wool gabardine, but I have gab pants and suits that are labeled as 110, 112, and 800 despite being seemingly the same fabric.

I just finished reading through this thread in its entirety and wanted to sign up to thank everyone for all the knowledge, fit pics, and enthusiasm. It was a bit sad to see discussion drying up the closer I got to the present, but I can understand how many topics become repetitive for longtime posters and without new regulars it can only stagnate.

I'm usually more of a lurker than poster on forums, but my excitement for Yohji's clothing will drive me to use a keyboard; hopefully on a regular basis (or until I'm told to please stop).

14. kingsolomon

kingsolomon Member

[​IMG]

Need to iron new pleats and the tunic.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. davidlee388

It is indeed a new line to be launched alongside aw16 Yohji Yamamoto aw16 Femme. There are no pieces for men but the oversized cut of some pieces means men can wear them too. I've seen some pieces shown to me in pictures and they looked very nice. One piece shown is just called " big jacket " in its internal nomenclature which says it all lol.

PS. Lots of ppl know more about Yohji than I do, they just do not post here.

16. malcb33

malcb33 Well-Known Member

17. kingsolomon

kingsolomon Member

[​IMG]
    W Spread Charcoal Coat H0-B01-800
    Cotton/Laine Wool Raw Hem HE-T10-088 (thanks kiko!)
    Linen Wide Leg Pant HJ-P63-253
    Lanvin Sandals

The Coat was worth it.

2 people like this.
  18. Dellacruz

Dellacruz Member

Hey I'm new to this forum and after reading every page about Yohji and his work I figured I should make an account. I just have a quick question I recently bought a used pair of Yohji Wool Garbadine pants but I can't tell if these are fake or not. Hope someone can help. Thanks! [​IMG][/IMG]

19. Dellacruz

Dellacruz Member

[​IMG]

^ Here's another one

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  20. davidlee388