1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Well-Known Member

the stupidest thing written in this thread.

2. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

Have a fucking nice day.

1 person likes this.
  3. davidlee388

Japan and the rest of the world have different delivery schedules of their ss15 stock so there's a good chance that your 2 great pieces are not yet available when you arrive there :)
    Do have a great time in Tokyo!

4. dantebykiko

Thanks. Sorry to disturb your fanboy Yohji kingdom, where only the retail price and difference between Japan and Western prices matters.

5. Ulf-S

Ulf-S Well-Known Member

Thanks! I've been meaning to go to Tokyo for many years, and since a friend of mine moved there I have no excuses left! [​IMG]

6. davidlee388

Being rude and dishing insults to other people are not things I like to do on a friendly forum like this one but since this is the only language you understand, I make it an exception, just for you.

You've nailed it on the head, this fanboy kingdom isn't for you coz clearly you reckon you are too fucking noble and righteous for anyone who dares to mention words like retail, flagship stores, buying new etc. At the same time your my-way-or-no-way, gung-ho approach is quite disturbing, immature and downright nauseating. Why don't you fuck right off if you find this fanboy stuff as you call it irritating to your moral high standard and spend more time checking your eBay to see if any suckers have managed to pay hugely inflated prices for the cheap shite you advertise, the shite you so proudly claimed to have acquired on the cheap elsewhere. That, in itself, isn't so noble and righteous in my book.

You have been trying so so hard to get my attention here and elsewhere and I'm pleased to inform you now have my undivided attention and I will make damn sure we will become the best of friends so we can troll together, I promise.

7. davidlee388

You will find Tokyo to be a total eye-opener, not just regarding YY but everything else :)

1 person likes this.
  8. dantebykiko

I wasn't rude, I was just honest. I did fuck off long time ago but your post was just embarrassing and plainly stupid. I wish you can process it in your head and understand that no everything is based on retail price and codes. Don't worry I'm not here to spoil your parade.

9. davidlee388

On the contrary it is now my mission to absolutely spoil your parade. Like I said before, I am now your biggest fan. I am so pleased you came on here today, it made my Chinese New Year.

10. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

this is one of my favourite looks ever

11. Harlock66

Harlock66 Well-Known Member

Finally achieved the lifelong dream of visiting a YY store (on the Rue Cambon) and picking up a staggeringly beautiful black garbadine reversible jacket (yes, pricey but it was my reward).

Thanks to David, since I dropped his name to Laurence, who was great and she told me when something looked good on me and when it was "non."

Just a quick sample pic for the road:

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  12. davidlee388

Glad you enjoyed the store visit. That reversible blazer is a favorite of mine too. I know you are fond of the stand collar, I'm particularly impressed by the 11 button closure, also being reversible means it's not half lined so it's a good trans-seasonal piece as well. Finally that little ruched shoulder finish is pure genius.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  13. Harlock66

Harlock66 Well-Known Member

Could not have phrased it better myself. It's simply beautiful and more importantly, extremely cozy. The shoulder is indeed a work of art. The stand collar makes me swoon:]

14. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

So looking forward to visit a Yohji boutique in Tokyo this coming April.

@david: 恭喜发财.

2 people like this.
  15. davidlee388

Have you been to Tokyo before? In terms of YY stock level, I was advised in this decending order:-

YY Aoyama Flagship ( obviously ) > Isetan Shinjuku > Seibu Shibuya > Tokyu Ginza + 0101 ( Marui ) Shinjuku + Matsuya Ginza

This should cover all your ss15 enquiries :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  16. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

When you guys go to Japan do you declare your purchases at customs or do you remove the tags and hope they don't notice that you're bringing back new MIJ stuff? Just curious what's the best way to deal with it. Dropping a load of money in JP isn't as appealing if you have to pay customs as well. Is it taxed locally too?

17. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

Thanks David,

This will be my first visit to Japan. Staying near Shinjuku and hope to at least visit 2-3 of the places you mentioned above. I reckon they will only be stocking SS15 stuff there and perhaps some leftovers from AW14.

Are they any pieces that resembled or is actually a hakama pants in the SS15 collection? I went through the pics a few times and at most I do see some loose cut or wrap around pants. Hoping it is possible for me to get a pair of YY hakama there.

@caveat, I think it's subjected to different countries customs as whether one will be taxed for bringing in new clothes for personal use.

18. davidlee388

@sepp You are very welcome. Afaik if you go in April there will only be ss15 stuff to be found in YY retailers and aw14 are long gone by then.

There have been re-editions of popular pieces in recent years especially pants in wool gabardine but hakama pants were standout pieces from ss12 so imo there aren't any re-editions of those in ss15, they are not recent enough to be done so. Of course it depends on how one defines hakama pants. The favorite pants that were popular in ss14/aw14 were wrap pants so there may be available again this season, in fact I think they are.

19. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

is anyone here bidding on the aw13 brushed wool trousers in size 3 from anji ? sorry i keep driving your price up, i wanted it but now it's beyond what i'm willing to part with. and same goes for all the other pants i just tried bidding on :eek:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  20. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

@david, thanks for the pointers.

@shah, you were talking about Y! I did tried (via buyee) for 2-3 times for some hakamas but it was outbidded last minute and once had the auction called off. (Not bidding on your item but just sharing my frustration here as well).