1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. orlais

orlais Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

YYPH wool pants!

20 people like this.
  2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

i loved ss15 rtw. seeing the video, especially with the music, it does give me a bordello vibe. before that, though, i read it as being about the way clothes are put together—or not—and how they interact with the body, how they hide and reveal. the clothes seemed to be coming apart or barely held together, and as a result they showed a good deal of skin. kind of a play on sexiness via deconstruction. i did not get date rape vibes at all.

3. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

Re:- YY Femme SS15 Runway Presentation, some of the deconstructed pieces were made with antique ethnic fabrics from South East Asia ( Myanmar, Laos etc ) and because of their scarcity, those pieces will not be entered into mass production, therefore all one-offs. Of the10 or so of those runway samples, only about 3 or less are left, the rest have been sold even before Team Yohji headed back to Japan from Paris, each was sold for circa €15000....

I will try to find out the price for the last Look wedding dress lol.

Seems to be the current trend of his recent collections, be it Homme or Femme, there are pieces with prices ( even @Japan retail ) that are beyond the reach of mere mortals....

With the Nowness video/article, it's so surreal someone I know well who is non-smoking carries a portable ashtray in her tote for the Master's need during his walk haha. His dog Rin is also a superstar. Yohji san adores him so much he even made him into a beautiful printed silk scarf in his Japan exclusive Discord line.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

In this day and age, females are not caring much about hiding their assets. I noticed out on the streets of NYC in the summer women are revealing more and more and not caring what others think about them. I think in the future women will be allowed to roam the streets titty free. Just like men.

My question in regards to the video is why do they add music to the vids? Especially when there is no music playing and complete silence when the models are strutting around?

5. Watashidake

Watashidake Well-Known Member

Hey, Snoopy, please fuck off, or at least confine your shitposting to other threads

8 people like this.
  6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Seriously, this thread is semi serious. I am pretty tolerant, but here you get to stfu.

Fok.

4 people like this.
  7. RXS09

RXS09 Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff guys.

Trouble & David great fits as well

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  8. nootrals

nootrals New Member

First time posting a fit here. You guys post such great fits, and the level of discussion is so (generally) helpful. I'm thrilled to participate. Hello!

[​IMG]

Thrift jacket
    Land's end rollneck cotton sweater
    YYPH (wool code 101)
    Doc Martens

4 people like this.
  9. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Yohji experts - does the leather jacket, in orange color, from the 1991 FW collection garner any particular pricing? This is the jacket with the lady with a telephone on the back. It is marked as a "sample" on the interior tag, so I imagine it is a runway sample? Any help is appreciated! :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  10. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

No one here is going to help you price items

11. Mr. Moo

What if I ask the question in the form of a haiku?

12. Watashidake

Watashidake Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this is the one I posted a while back, from Sui Generis consignment? Nobody's going to help you price anything when you're obviously just looking to make a quick buck

1 person likes this.
  13. Mr. Moo

Is a different one, but cool.

14. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

15. StevenE

StevenE Well-Known Member

Give you a tenner for it.

1 person likes this.
  16. syed

syed Well-Known Member

Fiver. Sign me up.

On the subject of jackets, I have been on the lookout for a thicker Winter coat. I've seen guys in the gab wool coats come Winter, but I imagine there is a lot of layering going on underneath? Was tempted by some of the cashmere wool AAR coats you see pop up from time to time, but thinking they are probably too "formal" for my wardrobe.

17. iroq

iroq Member

bought some pants today. could not identify the codes, i.e. which season etc etc.
    HD-P41-100-2-04*

understand 100 is wool gab? school me plz

18. xeraphim

xeraphim Well-Known Member

^ read the first post in this thread.

19. iroq

iroq Member

i have, theree is no HD listed and the fabric code link doesn't work.