1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

Found a wild Yohji hooded duffle coat. The duffles are braided. The coat features front pockets with leather trim, also the hood has a strip of leather running down the back. I will post pictures of the full thing later, but here is a label shot. This ring any bells? A/W '05

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2005MEN-YJIYMOTO/#33 Cool coat you have, I have been after one for a while in sz 2, quite rare and someone beat me in the last auction. AW05 is my favorite collection. It's Look 33 I think :)

1 person likes this.
  3. StevenE

StevenE Well-Known Member

W05 is magnificent.

[​IMG]

This is one of my favourite looks, and I remain on the lookout for one of these jackets (plus the trousers) in s2. It wasn't til I was started browsing here that I realised that it was a three piece set up, with a cummerbund. For some reason I'd always assumed they were just miraculously high-waisted.

4. davidlee388

@Steven You rarely find the pants in sz 2, same applies to the cummerbund, and for that matter the blazer which is fitted round the torso. I should add the monkey boots in the set up are built like tanks. 2 colours available for the suit.

5. StevenE

Is the look hard to find generally or is size 2 particularly rare?

Thanks for the details though, I guess I should begin factoring size 3s into the search.

6. davidlee388

@Steven

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2005MEN-YJIYMOTO/#10

This is Look 10, the grey one I have, see how the master varied the silhouette ( much more oversized than the brown Look ) on the Runway.

There have been separates of the elasticated series on Y! but the style you're after I've seen < 3 blazers on Y!/SZ/eBay in the past 2 years. As for pants, no sz 2 appeared recently.

7. concealed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some cell phone pics. this is a cool jacket. not my normal style, but something I found in a recent thrift store visit. i will probably post on sale for eBay as I don't think I can pull it off in a business casual office environment.

8. wireartists

wireartists Well-Known Member

so you can't wear it in a business casual office environment, why exactly are you into a brand that the designer himself labelled for outsiders? Why struggling with this brand?, oh maybe you just want to sell that. Don't worry someone will provide you with some literature and runway shots for your ad.

9. concealed

I was just looking for more information, I found it at a thrift store for pennies on the dollar... I sincerely appreciate davidlee's information

10. wireartists

wireartists Well-Known Member

bla bla bla, be honorable and do the research yourself like rex aka comma comma. It is very funny that you are asking for info to the very same target group you are aiming to.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  11. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Well-Known Member

Of course you do. Who doesn't?

1 person likes this.
  12. concealed

thanks for your input, sorry for disturbing you

13. StevenE

[​IMG]

I saw this just finished at $346 on ebay. Did anyone here end up winning/bidding? It's an awesome piece and I'd be interested to see what it looks like incorporated into someone's wardrobe proper. If I'm remembering correctly it was paired with denim on the runway back in 2002.

EDIT

just got an original shot off of Firstview

[​IMG]

I really like this style - especially the slightly chunkier iterations in the same show

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  14. surver

surver Well-Known Member

hi guys,

i know this might be a long shot, but, in case anyone of you have one of the AW07 knit-combo embroidered 'script' jackets in size 2 that you might consider letting go, PLEASE give me a holler :) will also consider the coat/cardigan/sweater versions if any :) thanks alot!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. StevenE

16. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

really love the 07 blocking jackets, surver. hope you find one.

17. surver

surver Well-Known Member

thanks, saw that. but don't like the front 'Post No Bills' phrase ;P

18. surver

surver Well-Known Member

19. davidlee388

Maybe you should message Benesyed, he has a knit of that series, make him a tempting offer :)

20. surver

surver Well-Known Member