1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

95% sure it's from YYPH AW03, 50% sure if it's a Runway piece you'll see it in brown. I'm nowhere near my PC to help you with any pictures. I personally will haggle the usd 550 price. Good luck :)

2. davidlee388

Winter = Layering
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    YYPH SS10 Fedora Hat - ( HJ-H03-965 ) - black, 100% polypropylene mesh
    YYPH AW08 Look 4 Navy DB Handstitched Blazer ( HE-J35-111 ) 64/36 wool/cotton, size 3.
    YYPH AW08 Look 1 Tartan Blazer ( HE-D08-125 ) - 70/14/13/3 wool/acrylic/polyester/nylon blend, feels like thin wool scarf fabric, size 2.
    Y's for men AW08 Drawstring Pants ( ME-P52-074 ) - 100% interlocked cotton, size 2
    Y's for men AW07 Ankle Boots - ( MX-A40-740 )
    SS Tee.

Shopping, can't believe Xmas in a few weeks....
    [​IMG]
    YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - in black, 95/5 wool/nylon.
    YYPH AW09 Zipped Cardigan ( HZ-K32-953 ) - 61/21/18 wool/nylon/alpaca blend, multi-coloured, size 3.
    Y's for men SS99 Knit Jumper ( MC-K16-186 ) - in black, chunky 80/10/10 cotton/wool/cashmere blend, size 3.
    YYPH SS10 Studio Collection Look 3 Cuffed Pants ( HJ-P12-008 ) - black 100% dry hand cotton, size 2.
    SS Tee, CDGH+ belt, Pataugas ankle boots.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

cool cardigan, david! ^^

- - -

Y-3 Ten Year anniversary book is pretty neat (though annoying to navigate). Some nice looks to browse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a recent fit pic, though not exclusively yohji

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

Reminds me of that yohji shoot with the Latin thugs :slayer:

5. StevenE

StevenE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just impulse bought these after stumbling across them on ebay for under £50. The seller was very light on detail (and in German, so I had to rely on Google Translate), and so I was wondering if anyone knew where to place them, collection-wise? I'd be interested in tracking down a runway shot so I can tell if the rolled cuffs are part of the design or the choice of a previous owner.

When they arrive I should have a fabric code, which should help. The seller lists the size as small, and if I infer from this that the label bears an S it helps date it.

They look very slim, but I think they're probably a fair bit bigger than they look in the photo, especially on someone with my frame.

I'm excited to see them, and it seemed not much of a risk when they're on offer for such a bizarrely reasonable price.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  6. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

David if you ever want to sell that zipped cardigan...

7. zapatiste

zapatiste Well-Known Member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    ^david never sells anything (unfortunately!!) :eek:

parker that's an amazing outfit like a lumberjack samurai lol

forgot to x-post this , though it's not entirely a yy outfit

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

9. StevenE

The drawstrings make the hems look incredible.

10. zapatiste

zapatiste Well-Known Member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    A fit that spans at least 11 years. I didn't know what to call it. Thanks goodness I drink my 2% milk because these are some heavy wools to be carrying around.

[​IMG]
    CAP: SS12 Damir Doma wool/linen/cotton
    SCARF: Faliero Sarti cashmere/silk
    CARDIGAN: YYPH AW01 wool (weighs 2kg)
    KURTA: cotton and foreign
    TROUSERS: YYPH AW01 knit trousers
    BOOTS: Docs 1460
    WHITE SHIRT: YYPH, actually can't figure out season but it's HD-B34-025 , cotton sz3 but massive
    SHORTS: The rayon lining from the knit trousers that doubles as loungewear

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    16 people like this.
  11. snowmanxl

lol @ 2% milk! amazing knit shah

12. davidlee388

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    YYPH SS10 Fedora Hat - ( HJ-H03-965 ) - black, 100% polypropylene mesh

YYPH AW04 Look 43 Zipper Blazer ( HJ-J15-100 ) - in black, 100% wool gabardine, size 2

YYPH AW11 Reversed Seam Crewneck Jumper - ( HP-K29-189 ) - in black, 100% laine wool, super soft towel like texture, size 3 with ulra long sleeves, reversed ( exposed ) seams throughout.

YYPH AW04 Look 43 Zipper Pants ( HJ-P12-100 ) - in black, 100% wool gabardine, size 3

YYPH AW01 Monkey Boots - by Bruno Bordese. In black leather, chunky tyre tread soles, 11 eyelet/hook closure. immense built quality, Size 42.

SS Tee, CDG H+ belt.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    5 people like this.
  13. snowmanxl

wore my zipper blazer today as well :) but i dont have the matching pants :embar:

14. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Well-Known Member

i have size 4 if you want them. got 2 pairs.

15. snowmanxl

I think I am smaller than davidlee and a 4
    would be too large on me :eek:
    But thanks Very much kiko!!

16. Howell31

Howell31 Well-Known Member

Hello,

Can anyone explain Yohji's shoe sizing? What is the range? 1-7?

I'm a 11.5 US or 44-45 EU which I'm guessing corresponds to the last size in the range?

Thanks in advance!

17. StevenE

I couldn't sleep last night and so ended up reading the first 107 pages of this thread. This thread, it needs to be said, is by any one's standards a really, really good thread.

In honour of this, I've decided to upload by first ever full-body fit pic, apologies for the mobile photography.

[​IMG]

It's a YYPH rayon jacket in M, I'm unsure of the season (HU-J14-205 if that narrows it down), bought this about a year ago, wore it occasionally but only started wearing it a lot recently. It's got a really nice, slouchy fit I find, it just breaks around your body in a really pleasing, comfortable way.

Grey/black silk-cotton YY costume d'homme shirt, 3. Again unsure of the season but not that recent. I don't really have much to say about it other than it feels so soft to the touch that wearing anything else feels like sackcloth.

YYPH belt, bought from here.

YYPH trousers, A/W12 if memory serves, bought from LN-CC. They're size two, largely made of linen and wool. They look deceptively slim in this photo, and have some neat pocket details on the pockets and down the size (see below, covered by my lapels in the main shot). Love them lots.

[​IMG]

And yeah brown hi-tops from Converse, you may have have guessed.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    3 people like this.
  18. StevenE

Also meant to link this, in case anyone hadn't seen.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/173307658

I vaguely recall someone here saying this was one of the pieces they'd like to pick up when pictures from the runway first trickled out. This seems to be a thoroughly decent price - I'd be tempted to pick it up myself but I'm in the middle of what seems to be becoming a bid war for something else and need to keep my powder dry (and I haven't been wearing knits much recently out of fear of my cat)

19. eliot

eliot New Member

Hi Kiko
    I'd be interested in trying a pair of those zippered trousers.
    Best
    Eliot

20. StevenE

Anyone planning on spending US$200 on some used boxer shorts (been cleaned!)?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/playful/item/k-10772/

[​IMG]
    Exposure to balls aside, these are great. Noticing the pockets, were they designed to act as shorts, (or even overshorts) that somewhat mischievously look like boxers? I haven't looked it up recently but I'm guessing these might have been part of the same collection as the (beautiful) snake hamakas?

On a sadder note, the red-striped YYPH black trousers I posted about a few days back have been returned. They were listed as an S and I assumed they'd fit my 29-inch waist (usually take a 2 on more recent trousers, generally requiring a belt) and these i could only barely button them up and wasn't able to sit down in. They're so small my first thought was to wonder if they'd been altered somewhere along the line (the seller was a third party). I'm pretty small, quite thin and i can scarcely imagine how tiny you'd have to be to fit in them. I imagine they'll be relisted on ebay soon enough, I'd have to recommend a pass.

I'll have to be more careful when ordering trousers from now on - it never even occurred to me that someone of my stature was likely to find almost any YY too small. Perhaps the universe is sending me a message, telling me to size up some...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013