1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Auburn

Auburn Well-Known Member

I was at the museum today.
    [​IMG]

I've put up a linen Y's shirt on ebay. If anyone from here would like it, feel free to pm me.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Well-Known Member

3. zapatiste

zapatiste Well-Known Member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    love that cut-away effect !

need to raise funds for getting stuff from kiko , so i;ve put up the Y's jacket and ss12 hakamas if anybody likes to take them you can get in touch :)

4. dantebykiko

i've got henley and cardigan from the hakama look :D shame i don't do full runway looks...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  5. eloq

eloq Well-Known Member

ty.

i recently got a pants that reads
    hx-p53-100.
    is it the same?

6. xeraphim

xeraphim Well-Known Member

yeah, same thing.

7. zapatiste

Y's AW13/14 styled by Conduit Store

so lovely :inlove:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. zapatiste

keeping things moving along with a simple fit yesterday :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SS12 lapel-less jacket (really just oversized cardigan) in jersey cotton, sz4
    Y's unlined wool trousers in sz3 [free size], these are massive and incredibly light weight, only rivaled by the ss13 jacquard print cotton balloon trousers in terms of how light they feel. drawstrings at the waist aren't nearly enough so i use a belt or at times suspenders.

SS12 Ute linen bag, uniqlo tee, mocha suede birks

10 people like this.
  9. dantebykiko

george cox
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    8 people like this.
  10. solargarden

solargarden Well-Known Member

Hello!

I just purchased my first yohji items, consider me a convert. I understand the idea of it functioning as armor now.

hopefully I'll be able to pick up some more stuff off of rakuten in the near future.

[​IMG]

y's jacket in cotton with giant snap buttons, size 2

yyph gab trousers, free size (3). these are crazy big at the waist

vans

4 people like this.
  11. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

YYPH SS10 Fedora Hat - ( HJ-H03-965 ) - black, 100% polypropylene mesh

YYPH SS09 Look 31 Prototype Double Lens Sunglasses ( YY800C1 ) - Yohji Yamamoto x Linda Farrow Collab, black acetate frame with shades, outer detachable darker shades in brushed chrome frame with 2 magnetic corners.

YYPH SS09 P.D.H. Suit - the absolute best suit he's tailored. Ivwri should agree.

Blazer - ( HV-J43-400 ) - 57/43 cotton/silk, in charcoal with random horizontal grey threads running throughout, very difficult to capture on pictures. Quite dry hand with a slubby, vintage feel, yet very breatheable and magically comes alive when wearing it. A truly unique fabric. Size 2 with a long silhouette. Black buttons with contrast red stitching, 3B closure, notch lapels, 3 inside chest pockets, 2 additional SS09 special buttoned lower " pouches ", 3 outside pockets. Ultra-long cuffs with 2 semi-working buttons and 4 layered construction. Red " P.D.H. " stitching on left cuff. Long upper + lower back pleats, with a short vent inside the lower one. Astonishing details and construction. The Master at his best.

Pants - ( HV-P42-400 ) - Size 1, huge waist & ultra long, same black button/red stitch. 2B closure with 8 belt loops, right buttoned, flapped coin pocket, 2 back buttoned pockets. Front + back lightly pressed centre creases.

YYPH SS09 Look 31 Patent Leather Sneakers - ( HV-E04-754 ) Size 2, black patent leather, 7 eyelet closure, beautiful laces. Rubber soles with white accents on the sides.

CDG H+ belt, Uniqlo SS Tee.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  12. dantebykiko

PHD. sadly japanese people are not very good with english.

uniform:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  13. zapatiste

Yes I was waiting for this one to make its appearance!!

14. circumspice

circumspice Well-Known Member

15. JEVWV

JEVWV Member

Hi All,

I'm Jev, nice to meet you.
    I've just discovered this thread, such a wonderful place to share Yohji's stories.

Well, i'm hesitating to buy this aw11 jacket/shirt in size 2. However, I believe it would fit like size 3 or around 48-50 and i afraid it would be a bit big and outsized
    So, if anyone has any experience with this piece, i would like to know what do you guys think about this.

Best,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS, I've already got the pant in the look from Kiko, it is SOOOOO nice!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  16. olarosa

olarosa Member

Hi everyone, I've been reading and admiring this thread for some time, always an amazing reference for anything Yohji!
    Would love to know if Yohji titles his collections and if so whether anyone knows the names of any of them?
    Thanks so much all, really appreciate your expertise!

17. davidlee388

@JEVWV If I remember rightly Ivwri the great thread founder has this very piece, he can give you a very detail insight. I myself tried this whole Look 19 set up when they were available in Hervia at the time. Firstly the pants on Look 19 weren't suit " matching " in colour and fabric, secondly there were believed to be 2 iterations of the shirt/jacket hybrid, a cotton & wool gab version ( L19 being cotton?, L20 is gab or a different style altogether? I can't remember now.... ). Anyway the gab version in sz 2 fitted how a sz 2 should fit on me, with a slightly longer sleeve feel than the Runway. I've no idea if the cotton iteration fits differently. FYI Hervia retailed the shirt/jacket @ circa £850 & pants £550.

@olarosa Afaik Yohji-San himself doesn't/didn't title his own collections exactly, he may have given his inspirations of certain collections in interviews. So the titles were probably nicknamed loosely by fashion editors and Yohji fans. So unofficially for example, I'll say for Pour Homme, SS14 is the Nomad Collection, SS12 the Hakamas Collection, AW10 is 4.1 The Men Collection ( said on the invite ), SS09 the Suit Collection, SS08 the Defeated Arny, SS07 the Suspenders Collection, SS06 the Baseball, SS04 the Skirt Collection, AW00 the Haute Couture, AW99 the Gipsy Collection, SS99 the Couple Collection.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  18. diniro

diniro Well-Known Member

what are the pants here? I think I need them.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  19. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Hi Jev and welcome to the thread :). I do indeed have that shirt/jacket and as far as I know it came in two sizes for the wool gab version. 1 & 3. The 3 is what I have and I would recommend it for a size 3 and 4 with the 1 being for a size 1 & 2. wireartist tried mine on when he was in Lagos and it fit him really well I must say (he usually wears a 3). The one you posted looks like the cotton version I think. If you typically wear a Yohji 2, then definitely go for it. This piece works really well if it is oversized I think. If I could have gotten a larger size I would have, hehe. There is one more iteration of it in wool gaba that is pretty long and I don't think that one was shown on the runway. Hope this info helps. David that P.D.H suit is great and I think you snagged a great colour way. Definitely one of the best jackets he has done. Still wish I could score a size 4 of that jacket.

20. davidlee388

Thanks Ivwri my friend for the kind words. The beige version is truly amazing too and def looks more summery, just that I don't do beige very well.

I thought the wool shirt/jacket I tried in Hervia was sz 2? I'm not sure since it's such a long time ago & I had no intention to pay retail then. So Look 20 was the longer version?