1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

Good find :) It can be a waistcoat/vest/sleeve-less coat.

This is certainly a vest, and it's long, from AW02 ( ex-Wire.Artist's )
    [​IMG]
    Somehow I don't think this is Arche-specific, nevertheless a cool layering piece.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  2. Arche

Arche Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for all those responses. I particularly like the double waistcoat from AW2012 and the one posted by kiko. I realise my description was a bit confusing. The bit about it hiding an untucked shirt is not the essential thing. It's more that I love lots of layers, and the formality and old-fashioned vibe of a waistcoat, but find that the usual relatively short version doesn't always make for aesthetically pleasing proportions, especially with the looser lines of a typical pair of Yohji trousers. I also like when the layering works with a traditional combination of items, like the three-piece suit, but then breaks up the standard structure by having e.g. the shirt untucked, or the waistcoat hanging down below the jacket. I find that, at least for me, items that elongate the upper body seem to work well to balance out the voluminous shape of some of the trousers I have. A good example is the YYPH linen shirt I have which hangs down almost to the knees, and looks great with the YYPH blazer on top.

3. davidlee388

I check Y! Japan everyday for any stuff suitable. I opened the bookmarked browser just then and noticed Y! changed the format.....rather annoyingly.

You can't see individual items with seller IDs at a glance anymore. Also there is nowhere on the browser to specify your own price range, neither can you specify new unused items to look at also.

Has anyone experienced this too?

4. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Well-Known Member

no, working perfectly. even with better luck today than ever. outbid rex woo over pair of ss11 pants, made my day.

5. davidlee388

Really? I need to look into it :(

Congrats! I know which pair you mean, I was tracking those too ( but not participating ). He kept saying cha***** ain't his Y! account.

14503 yen is an exceptional price :)

6. dantebykiko

Yeah, right.. I'm expecting to see aw06 blazer with zipper lapels.. Wasn't so sure if I want those pants but I was sure I didn't want him to have them.. Now they are growing in me and can't wait to see how they will fit. Lost an other paid few days ago simply because I didn't bid the first time and after they got relisted and decided to bid..

1 person likes this.
  7. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

:rotflmao:

8. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

looking great, Ivwri. What is the tee? Collar shape is perfect for wearing under the casual suit.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Thanks Parker. The tshirt is by Rxmance. Picked it up from ln-cc if I remember correctly, when they were still stocking the brand wish I got more now :(. I sized up and I think that was the right choice for the neck and generally looseness.

Another tshirt I have been eying is the 20s tshirt by Merz B Schwanen. Looks like it would go perfectly with a casual jacket etc.

[​IMG]

10. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Oh, thanks man. The 20s shirt has also got a nice shape. I wonder if they have some other colors.

A blustery spring day here. Probably a bit too cold for this, but I'm ready for warming weather.

SS2012 cotton napolean sz2
    SS2009 cotton/ramie drop-crotch super-giganto sz2
    SS2012 indigo canvas tennies
    uniqlo tee

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    6 people like this.
  11. dantebykiko

ss99 suit, ss08 shirt/vest, ss08 hat, rafxdoc
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  12. davidlee388

Looking very cool Parker, the pants worked beautifully with the Napolean. Is that Look 43 ( J16-810 ) with stretching cotton fabric +/- shoulder pads? Thought you are a natural sz 3 for topwear esp for SS12.

13. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Thanks David. Yeah, that's the one. Oddly, I thought I ordered size 3, only later realized it was a size 2. It's loose enough I think. a 3 would probably work, too.

14. rudo

rudo Member

They updated the mobile (ipad) version. On the bottom of the page, there is 表示:モバイルパソコン, select the one on the right, you will get the old version which I think it is better especially on ipads.

15. davidlee388

Sorted! Yeah it does say " showing " ( 表示 ). Thanks for the tip. I owe you one and I mean it :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  16. davidlee388

Phone >> Instagram >> Yohji Thread, so no bottom half [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Y's SS08 Embroidered Blazer - ( MM-J12-001 ) - deep black. 100% dry hand cotton, sz 2, horn buttons, 2B notch lapels, 4B working cuffs, half lined in cupro, sleeves lined in off-white striped variety. long single vent. The rest see for yourself :)

YYPH SS06 Pants - ( HR-P19-211 ) - 55/45 rayon/ramie, sz 2.

Y's x DM AW08 Boots ( not vis ), Uniqlo, CDG H+ Belt

Lighting:- Energy Saver Bugs created by the best dressed architect/furniture designer from http://www.fukuroo.net

3 people like this.
  17. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

that blazer :drool:

18. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Just received my items from Atelier NY. Man, the shorts are AMAZING. I need a backup pair cos I am going to live in these from now on. Fabric is so smooth and fluid (like milk or something) and the sarouel-style crotch somehow manages to avoid diaper syndrome and add so much movement to the pants. The Tshirt is great as well. Can be twisted to add some visual interest up top and the ruching detail at the back is also pretty nice. Fabric is great and very light as well, definitely perfect combo for a hot summer or tropical environment.

So far, SS13 gets two thumbs up from me. Now to nab the extended train jacket and the jacket that was paired with the pants on the runway and I think I can settle down.

Fit pic tomorrow :)

1 person likes this.
  19. valter

valter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Besides my eBay sales, I unfortunately have to also let this grail waistcoat go...
    I got it a while ago but it is slightly too small for me, I would say it's best for YYPH size 2 wearers.

20. davidlee388

Look forward to the FP my friend, and for the Look 21 Train Blazer, it's not slim by any stretch of imagination, but you need a sz 4.... or above ( if available ) for it to work. Trust me :)