1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. barrangadang

barrangadang Well-Known Member

I was debating grabbing some of that seller's other stuff, but I'm nervous about duties.

2. sshum

sshum Active Member

David, when you have a moment after you are done with the CNY festivities, would be interested in hearing more about your new pieces since I will likely never handle these in person.

From previous posts, I thought you were a size 3 so did you size down to a 2 because the pieces were fitting big? With the wrap pants, how much extra material forms the flap? It's difficult to tell from any pics how far the 'wrap' goes. And with the train on the blazer - does the train fasten underneath the back of the jacket when you don't want to unveil the train?

Gung Hei Fat Choi

3. StevenE

StevenE Well-Known Member

I know they have a lot of stock to photograph but would it really hurt yoox so much to not somehow make every single item they touch look like utter shit? (Some YY, particularly the Femme line, is so manhandled as to be genuinely somewhat upsetting.)

EDIT: @david, nice jacket.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

hey, yoox's really bad photography is what lets items make it to a price I can afford!!

don't take that away from me :happy:

5. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

I'm normally a sz 2 for both YYPH pants and blazers/coat but pants sometimes are O/S ( sz 3 ) so they will have to do ( belt and roll or tailor length ). Some blazers fit me in sz 3, depends on the cut

The train blazer ( Look 21 ) fits slightly oversized due to its cut + absence of lining + shoulder pads. The inner back panel has 9 double buttons about 12" from the bottom so the outer fabric ( 7 button holes ) can be folded inside the panel, on top of it or you can play asymmetry ( partly buttoned ).

The wrap pants have max waist of 34" in sz 2 or I'll say they are cut the normal oversizeness for his pants. The " wrap " fabric is about 1.75 times the normal amount of leg fabric at the hems, to about a few inches overlap at the waist, so lots of movement options.

You can see the train blazer as well in blue iteration ( Look? ) on Barneys website. The dotted 2B blazer listed there have been tried as well, I need a sz 3 to be completely comfortable chest wise. One iteration of the wool gab zip out pocket blazers is tight in sz 2 ( J49-100, can't remember which Runway Look ) and yet the other version, also 3B, J48-100 ( Look?? ) is ok in sz 2 even at first glance it's similar to J49..... Look 32 blue rayon print shirt jacket absolutely great and enormous in sz 2 ( batwing sleeves ), 5B closure.

So the cut in blazers can still be random this season though not as small as SS12.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  6. davidlee388

Hey Parker, this AW07 has been on eBay for few months so I don't think you'll stand any challenge bidding for it. In addition Rex Woo sold this piece in sz 1 last year and according to him it fitted reeeeally small so sz 4 may fit like a sz 3.

7. StevenE

[​IMG]
    Nice dress, BUT WHERE COULD I FIND SUCH TROUSERS?

8. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Yeah, based on the fit on the model on the eBay link, it is possible it may fit a bit smaller than normal. So maybe one could size up for the runway fit? Dunno though. Really nice jacket that!

Tell me about it. Been browsing yoox looking for stuff for the missus and I really have to use my imagination to gauge what might be okay (that and copious amounts of runway reference material for those pieces I can ID and appeared on the runway, lol).

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Atelier's buy is up and it is excellent!

[​IMG]

They picked up the look 23(?) super low crotch shorts which I was eying as well.

10. StevenE

Y-3 footwear on gilt.

11. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Y-3 FW 2013-2014 is up on Style.com. Only glanced at it briefly so far (today is my wedding anniversary so having dinner with the missus soon. Somehow we both ended up in full Yohji as well, lol) but looks pretty cool.

Link here

2 people like this.
  12. StevenE

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE

1 person likes this.
  13. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Well-Known Member

so... small interested check:

spring/summer 2002 gabardine suit. i just don't find time to wear it enough... the tape around on the sleeves and down the legs its actually selvedge. silk selvedge. both jacket and pants in size3. 97% wool/ 3% polyester. Half-lined with with mesh. 9 of 10 condition...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  14. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

messaged you about the suit ;)

Ivwri , congratulations ! All you needed now is for the little one to have a YY bib or something to complete the triumvirate !

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  15. the shah

excuse angles/poor photography ... nothing new here except the fw12 OS [3] long cardi alpaca/wool/nylon that david shared earlier

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    18 people like this.
  16. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

That looks great on you man. Jealous.

17. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

that is cool. post in waywt

18. the shah

thank you all, it's really warm and fuzzy and soft heh
    today wearing it under knit-sleeve coat and i'm getting too warm outside.

hendrix i'm not too motivated to click that thread again after the recent disasters and what have you :laugh:

19. davidlee388

Looked very good on you shah :) The colour looked less brown in your picture than in the shop lighting which is great.

Btw I'm sure label_outlet2012 on eBay selling YY ( and other stuff ) is Hervia Bazaar disguised. Just so ppl know.

20. esox

esox Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013