1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Well-Known Member

I'm glad too, can't fully enjoy it at the moment because as I said, not sure how I will pay for it [​IMG] I tried to limit myself looking at yahoo and rakuten because there it's always bargains, but the 2-3 hours browsing were enough to find it. Yes the price its pretty good and was surprised that no one else try their luck. Rex haven't snatch anything from me, yet. Maybe because I always try to get bargain from bad photos and distributions and he its aiming in easy recognizable garments.

2. repp_fink

repp_fink Well-Known Member

These three pieces had all better go to the same size-3 Yohji devotee, because I want -- nay, demand -- to see the fit pics with the whole suit.

3. Chase H

Chase H Well-Known Member

Are we suddenly talking in yen?

Or is that a 29 thousand-dollar suit? *vomits*

4. blackakira

blackakira Member

damn, those are some fantastic scores for your girl kiko. i'd love to search for my mum some yohji, but absolutely clueless on sizing so that puts me off.
    i don't think ive posted a proper fit (the previous one was a shoddy iphone shot) so here's a clearer shot of the jacket i got of comma.comma.
    I think for a long while, this will be the daily uniform since all that I have else are just extra tshirts//I recently committed to shedding my whole wardrobe.

HT-J20-003
    100% Cotton
    60% Cotton, 40% Linen for the inside of the double layer
    100% Cupro lining

[​IMG]
    *could someone pm me as to how to spoiler images?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    7 people like this.
  5. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

Just to entice potential interested parties, the 3-piece is this, YYPH AW05 Look 13, great stuff imo, unusual colour, striking.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

No fit pics (yet?), but I've promised some people to post some better pics of a few recent purchases so here goes!:

aw06 pleated suit-

well, I'm still stumped on what collection this suit is from. The tags say aw06, and that makes sense when handling the fabric. But I have a nagging and unconfirmed suspicion that originally it might be from aw00 and was re-issued in 2006 from some reason. I know they've done this from time to time. The construction details says aw00 to me, as well as the cut of the pants. Not that it matters :foo:

The fabric is relatively heavy gabardine (101) and has an incredibly drape and soft hand. Honestly, this is one of the better gabardines I've seen from him and I'm definitely looking to pick up some additional piece in this fabric at some point later on. The pants have two front pleats on each side, the outer ones are located on the side and goes deep down the side of the leg, covering the side pocket. Adds to the silhouette with the gentle taper and of course changes in movement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and these aren't very recent, got them in august. I meant to put up some pics before but never got round to it.

ss06 cropped suspender pants. Color came out a bit dark in my photos despite my best efforts, in person the color is a clear deep navy and the print has a sort of burnt yellow/pink/plum tones. The print seems to be have been made on the reversed side, where the prints are more distinct, a clear yellow, and fabric is also a bit smoother. Relaxed fit, wide cut, fabric is very soft and moves pretty well. Suspender buttons on the inside of the waistband, width of cuffs can be altered through a strip of fabric and buttons. Managed to wear these for about two days before it got too cold, but I'm looking forward to wearing the hell out of them next spring/summer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

shah-inspired fabric-maginification/close-up:

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  7. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

Very nice haul asobu.

Love the detail shots of the print pants in particular. I definitely would like to add more wool gab to my wardrobe soon and stuff like that suit you picked up are definitely the sort of thing I am looking for. Looking forward to the fit pics :D

1 person likes this.
  8. hoozah

hoozah Well-Known Member

love that blazer

9. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CS
    Orthodox
    CS
    V-ave

3 people like this.
  10. Auburn

Auburn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just got this Y's turtleneck about a month ago. It is super thick and really warm. I'll put up some detail shots when I get the chance, because the bottom hem is really interesting and resposible for twisting the sweater.

Ben your latest fits are looking really good. Keep it up!

I just got done watching an interview with Yohji perhaps it hasn't been posted before?

Interview

6 people like this.
  11. Benesyed

Thanks auburn! Like the FP, I think id love it with more volume in the pants (but I have a silly bias for volume heavy pants, its my "more cowbell"). Also I think it would go well with the extra length on the sweater arms. What size is it btw?

Also, what sort of sunglasses do you guys wear with your yohji wardrobes. I feel like everything ive seen is very incongrous with the style. The only thing that came to mind were simple round glasses with simple steel frame with a medium lens size. Not too big or too small.

1 person likes this.
  12. syed

syed Well-Known Member

Damn asobu that pleated suit is gorgeous. Definitely looking forward to the fit pics :slayer: And I do like those suspender pants, looks like a cooler version of the Ann hydrangea trousers (which I am rather partial to).

Auburn that jumper looks so snuggly :happy: Were you originally wearing those cuffs folded back? Either way looks good for Winter - I really need to up my sweater game.

Bene bhai, I'm liking the CS look, although I'd love to see it without the popped collar. With regards to the sunglasses I think you have quite a few choices depending on personal preference. I would suggest finding frame shapes that work for your face, then choosing the simplest all blacks, or with a simple wire frame. Although I know the Linda collab had some pretty jazzy frames, and I really liked the women's frames from SS09 (these in particular http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2009RTW/YJIYMOTO/DETAILS/00170fullscreen.jpg). But you can't really go wrong with something classic, and it's more versatile that way. Once you have something simpler, then you can branch out and experiment with something more designed. When it comes to Yohji my feeling is always - keep it simple, go with what feels right.

13. davidlee388

Not another fit post, that will be quite a while yet.

Instead I had a fair few ( pleasant ) surprises today Yohji-wise [​IMG]

Firstly I won a blazer about 10 days ago and Hide said it was sent last weekend but he wasn't told the tracking so whilst we were all kept in the dark, out of the blue it arrived this morning ( 4 days from Japan to UK ) !!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's a YYPH AW05 Blazer ( my favorite season ), non-Runway piece but I believe same cut as Look 38 the vintage linen version. HN-J70-120, 90/10 wool/nylon, the ubiquitous AW05 fabric. However the 2nd surprise is it doesn't have any weaving as first thought compared to the black Look 2 & 34 which are also 90/10 wool/nylon ( but code 106 ). This one has a boiled wool feel....which led me to agree with Asobu when we discussed a while back the fabric codes decide the fabric composition as well as the texture, i.e. same thickness/warmth but different drapes and feels, makes sense?

Lovely bespoke flat metal buttons, 3rd surprise is it's 2/3 lined in cupro which I've never come across, must have to do with how the piece moves in motion, attention to detail by the master. Usually a AW piece is fully lined....

Final surprise being ( the auction pics failed to show ) the lovely handstitching from the lower notch lapels all the way down and round the corner of the panels, superb.

So for the price of less than the cheapest Coming Soon Blazer on Yoox ( Hide forgot to charge EMS lol ) one of my Yohji highlights. And Benesyed please take note, you can get the real thing for peanuts [​IMG]

14. Benesyed

Alright I'm convince d. Is this from y!japan? :)

15. Benesyed

Alright I'm convince d. Is this from y!japan? :)

16. davidlee388

Yes indeed, and in superb condition, complete with plastic pouch containing fabric patch and spare buttons.

Yohji-San is such a master, he can do dramatic as well as silent but deadly.

The specs that syed suggested are Prototype by Linda Farrow, already mentioned last week. Perfect for you cos they're 2-in-1 with clip on shades.

1 person likes this.
  17. Benesyed

Nice and which proxy did you use? Although to be fair to Cs, i buy at the clearance prices (30 to 90, ;) )

I'll be getting some cash soon so maybe i can find my dream wool gab pants in black. I wear a eu 46 to a loose belt requiring 48. Would you say a 2?

18. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

it depends on your height really

19. Auburn

Auburn Well-Known Member

I just leave the sleeves like that, no need for gloves! As to glasses I have a pair of Yohji sunglasses. As soon as I have time, I'll post a pic of them.

20. Benesyed