1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yes another NYC Restraunt rec

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by jgold47, Apr 4, 2013.

1. jgold47

jgold47 Well-Known Member

Taking wife for the first time. Flying in Friday night, so need something low key. Staying midtown east. She wants Italian. Don't mind a short cab but nothing crazy.

Please no 5 star celebrity places Local and out of the way.

2. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

Naples 45, Il Gatopardo, Casa Lever, Teodora, 57 Napoli Pizza, Montebello, San Pietro.

those all come to mind as solid and with a wide range of prices.

3. jgold47

jgold47 Well-Known Member

Il Gatopardo it was. Very good, very pricey. I enjoyed the sprezzatura display of the hosts and table of friends more than the food.

Saturday was northern spy in the east village. Heavy heavy recommendation.

Dim sum Sunday !

4. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

Northern spy is a nice neighborhood joint but not a destination place. I prefer Il buco alimentari these days for when I go downtown.

5. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

yeah, I'm a little meh on Il Gatopardo. Solid, reliable, but nowheres near Maialino or Locanda Verde or even il Buco.

6. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

I'm not that big a fan of Locanda Verde to make the hassle worth it. Last time I went it was busy and had to wait even when we had reservations. I prefer The Leopard, Il Gatopardo's sister restaurant, closer to my hood. The murals are gorgeous.