1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

yellowy-gold cords

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fatherseanfan, Aug 7, 2006.

1. fatherseanfan

fatherseanfan Well-Known Member

I just picked up a pair of yellowish-gold domenica vacca cords at Filenes for $25 (original price $580) and since I have never owned yellow pants i was wondering what does someone wear with them? And what color shoes? I never even thought about it before buying, I was so excited about the price. They seem like they could be worn dressy or casual.

2. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

Navy blazer, earthtoned sportcoat, navy or earthtoned sweater. Any number of options.

3. abc123

abc123 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got a nice deal. I'm looking into geting a pair of similar pants for the reason that you can wear damn near anything with them. I think browns and blues are obvious choices, and the only color that I would never pair with them is black (shoes or otherwise). Then again, I hate wearing black, so I may be biased. The way I see myself wearing them most frequently is with brown loafers, a light blue solid or patterned shirt with a navy or brown cord blazer. As it gets colder, I would just add a sweater again navy, brown, light blue, perhaps green, etc. You've got a lot of options, so have some fun experimenting!

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

I agree that blue jacket or shirt with brown belt and brown shoes--maybe monkstraps or loafers--should work well.

5. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Lighter brown suede shoes look great with gold cords.

6. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

Shoes: brown of pretty much any suede; calf or suede. Color 8 burgundy

Blue blazers

Sweaters: navy, purple, forest green, maroon, charcoal.

Just avoid black unless you are a Georgia Tech graduate.

I have a pair of bright gold moleskins from Cordings that I have yet to wear.

No matter what, the trousers will generate comments and attention. You need to have some confidence to wear that color, especially in the USA.

7. Aus_MD

Aus_MD Well-Known Member

8. Will

Will Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A man who knows that his dog should complement, but not match, his shoes and trousers.

9. Aus_MD

Aus_MD Well-Known Member

A man who knows that his dog should complement, but not match, his shoes and trousers.

Whenever she sees a camera she thinks that she is part of the portrait. At 155 lb its usually best to go with the flow.

Aus

10. Tomasso

Tomasso Well-Known Member

Whenever she sees a camera she thinks that she is part of the portrait. At 155 lb its usually best to go with the flow.

Aus

Just beautiful[​IMG]

11. Aus_MD

Aus_MD Well-Known Member

She is an elderly English Mastiff, my second. Beautiful temperament. And the shoes are EG Chelsea in antique edwardian (also my second).[​IMG]

Aus