1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

Got my Barber. Much lighter than I expected which is awesome. Fit is good. Material and construction top notch as expected
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 people like this.
  2. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Well-Known Member

If y'all like CLASSIC neckwear, snatch up the Zegna Twill before it's gone. It's a legit navy, whereas I thought the website pics made it seem a bit closer to Royal. Good weight, and super drapey fabric.

2 people like this.
  3. ericgereghty

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rosso on its first go round. Really gorgeous piece.

6 people like this.
  4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Exactly as we intended the fit....love it.

2 people like this.
  5. notdos

notdos Well-Known Member

Feeling blue...

Phillip :)

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  6. NewYorkIslander

One of my favorites!

7. NewYorkIslander

So that last post got me thinking...that tie was one of my favorite summer ties that we've ever done, BUT, iirc we only made 4 or maybe 5 of them. I think it's awesome that we can make such limited runs on leftover fabrics, and that our customers know that they're buying something completely unique that NO ONE else (well, very few people) has. The flip side of that, is that once these bad boys sell out, you can't get them anymore, and very often customers who miss the drop date miss out completely. we've worked hard to up our presence on social media and through our email blasts to keep our friends informed, but is this something about Yellow Hook that YOU, our loyal friends and clients, enjoy? Thoughts?

Side note, we have a huge day today planning our summer and early Fall shirts....we hope to have samples done in a few weeks for Fall gear, our new novelty charity venture, and the release of a small summer production run including a VERY small light blue streaky linen pop-over spread collar (think we have 3 units available of this that we'll run as a pre-order only), a blue pinpoint spread collar (in the same gorgeous pinpoint we ran last Spring in a slightly different blue), our American Red Chambray Heirloom Button Down, a Striped Summer Barber Shirt with a tweak in the pocket design, and the return of our Slim Work Shirt with another pocket design tweak. All of these projects will be single needle construction, hand cut in our tiny NJ workshop by our Parisian (via Armenia) expert shirtmaker. We're excited for what the future has in store!

4 people like this.
  8. duff406

duff406 Well-Known Member

Man I'm excited about what's to come too! Sounds like I'll need to grab a couple of those shirts

On a related note, a regional lifestyle magazine here asked me to model for their style section, which is just now getting released. Wore my Yellow Hook red chambray shirt for the shoot!
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I like that a lot of the neckties are pretty limited. The quality of the fabric and the construction is already pretty awesome and the prices, even the regular price, are better than some of my other go to ties, so the ability to have something "limited" and harder to get does give it an extra couple points in the cool factor. (Am I the only one with some Yellow Hook bow ties?) :nodding:

I may feel a slight twinge of pain when a tie or shirt I am interested in sells out before I decide to purchase, but it doesn't bother me too much. It's just the nature of the game. I imagine that I speak for many of the folks who post here on StyleForum when I say I've got soooo many clothes that it's probably a good thing when I occasionally miss out on something.

There is a local high-end menswear store that I go into quite frequently and every time I go in wearing one of my Yellow Hook ties, the owner is always fawning all over them. For reference, he sells ties from Drakes and Nicky Milano. Both make nice quality ties with some interesting fabrics and patterns, but are quite widely available.

1 person likes this.
  10. ericgereghty

I have no issue with the limited nature of YH ties. Obviously, there's some frustration if I miss on something, but not nearly enough to outweigh the pleasure of having a genuinely limited piece. In some sense, it becomes a piece of wearable art.

Also, whenever someone inquires about a YH tie I have on, I LOVE saying I got it "from my guy in Brooklyn." [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    2 people like this.
  11. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Well-Known Member

I love that the ties are limited in number and it enhances my desire to buy them. I've certainly missed out on a couple that I really wanted (the Four Roses red linens from last year come to mind) but it's part of the game as stated above.

If you are looking for feedback on ties my only suggestion is maybe a few more non-blue options. You can never have enough blue ties of course BUT if you had a pink, lilac, or yellow linen tie for summer I'd buy it so fast. I missed out on the brown streaky silk from this year but it was awesome.

1 person likes this.
  12. ericgereghty

I have one of the Four Roses Red Linens, and it IS glorious [​IMG]

[​IMG]

To piggyback on the above, I'd love a deeper yellow linen option.

1 person likes this.
  13. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Well-Known Member

Oh I'm aware you have it. I was considering buying it and you pulled the trigger before me. Clearly it doesn't still bother me. Lol.

2 people like this.
  14. NewYorkIslander

Love it! Should be Next Shirts, since we started with ties. ;) Looking good bud!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

We've been working hard this week prepping for a few summer options including some surprises!

[​IMG]

Rob and Mike are the father son team that lead our shirt makers. They've been doing this all their lives and we're really glad we found them!

3 people like this.
  15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Well-Known Member

I also agree about the limited nature of YH ties. I only own about 15-16 ties total, half of which are Yellow Hook. The great thing about the limited nature of the ties is what's already been said - you know as a customer you are getting something truly unique that hardly anyone else has. And honestly, I rarely get bummed when I miss something because I know that next batch will be chock full of ties that are equally as awesome. And if I miss one of those too? Guess what, the cycle just repeats itself and I'll always be guaranteed to find something I like in a future batch of releases.

1 person likes this.
  16. NewYorkIslander

Welcome back to the new SF! We've got a handful of Chambray spread collars we just restocked....head on over and grab them while their available (and on sale!).

17. duff406

duff406 Well-Known Member

Hey Rob, I was wondering if you thought the spread collar Napoli style might come back in the future in other fabric options?