• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone who has the Woolly Mammoth: how wearable do you find it? I like it in the abstract but am having difficulty convincing myself that I have anything to wear with it. Might go blue-green houndstooth instead.

It is definitely a sturdy fabric. That and the pattern put it a little more on the a-tie-to-wear-for-fun end of the spectrum. It's an odd jacket, tweed sort of thing, I think. And great.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a lovely tie. enjoy it, U.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Anyone who has the Woolly Mammoth: how wearable do you find it? I like it in the abstract but am having difficulty convincing myself that I have anything to wear with it. Might go blue-green houndstooth instead.

Like others have stated, the Wooly Mammoth is a fun tie. Thick as hell so it pretty much limits its' use to Fall/Winter only.

Now the blue-green houndstooth is more versatile. In fact, I just got mine in the mail today. It's wool with a blend of cashmere so it is extremely light weight. The colors are superb. If you can only get one tie between the blue-green houndstooth or the wooly mammoth, go with the houndstooth.

Bottom line though, you can't go wrong with either tie.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Received a Navy Shantung and Blue-Green Wool Hounstooth in the mail today. Will post pics after I enjoy a night out.

BTW, I will be wearing the Navy Shantung to a job interview tomorrow. It is a gorgeous tie. Perfect for these hot summers. But shhhhh, don't tell my current employer.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And the two blue ties have arrived. Both beautiful. Should get to wear them this coming week.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Received a Navy Shantung and Blue-Green Wool Hounstooth in the mail today. Will post pics after I enjoy a night out.

BTW, I will be wearing the Navy Shantung to a job interview tomorrow. It is a gorgeous tie. Perfect for these hot summers. But shhhhh, don't tell my current employer.

Just wanted to take a moment to provide a testimony to the power of Yellow Hook Neckties.

Wore the Navy Shantung to the interview. I really can't put it into words, but the tie gave me a huge boost in confidence (think of the Three Wolf Moon t-shirt). I walked into the office looking like I owned it. Interviewer noted how impeccably dressed I was. I have no doubt this was because of the tie and how it brought together the whole ensemble. Since the interviewer was distracted by the powers this Navy Shantung tie radiated, I took it upon myself to answer all questions as a politician would (danced around the answer). She nodded as if I provided an answer that solved world hunger.

Needless to say, I got the job. The power of this tie is uncanny. I will plan to wear it on a date and see if the power can be applied in the same fashion.

*Note: Your results may vary

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just wanted to take a moment to provide a testimony to the power of Yellow Hook Neckties.

Wore the Navy Shantung to the interview. I really can't put it into words, but the tie gave me a huge boost in confidence (think of the Three Wolf Moon t-shirt). I walked into the office looking like I owned it. Interviewer noted how impeccably dressed I was. I have no doubt this was because of the tie and how it brought together the whole ensemble. Since the interviewer was distracted by the powers this Navy Shantung tie radiated, I took it upon myself to answer all questions as a politician would (danced around the answer). She nodded as if I provided an answer that solved world hunger.

Needless to say, I got the job. The power of this tie is uncanny. I will plan to wear it on a date and see if the power can be applied in the same fashion.

are you going out on a date with the interviewer? Then you might have a chance. Otherwise, :foo:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some lovely ties in the summer collection.

And I like that they appear to have been photographed on the sidewalk.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:slayer: congrats, B!!! best of luck!! :slayer:

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Congratulations on the new job. I have a date on Friday and I wasn't originally going to wear my YHNT but I think it would be rude not to run some tests on these findings. Will report back in due course.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ very nice ^^
---
just want to point out again how awesome NYI is. he offered me another zegna exclusive that of course i could not turn down. well, usps screwed up and the package was delayed forever, and unknown where exactly it was. so he went and sent another one from the same fabric that he was planning on keeping for himself. thankfully the original package made it back to YHNT, but he was willing to forgo his instead of refunding me, so i could have this amazing tie.

NYI, you. are. the. man.

and here it is:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads