• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yearning for the old days?

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Horace
YoFog:

Yes, it was a profile/interview of Steedappeal, a longtime salesman at J. Press New York. At the time, there were about 20+ (and no negative) reviews of the article on AAAC.

Malinda #2 accused me of "shilling" -- though how one can shill for a site that doesn't sell baseball caps and hanger cuff-links, I dunno.

Too Trad, Too Strong,

H.

Shocking...absolutely shocking. There must be some mistake. Im sure there is nothing offensive about the article:

http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/trad-star

YoungFogey

Reaction score
You don't think they'd ban steedappeal for talking to FNB do you? That'd be horrible.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Shows where their priorities are. Sartorial excellence, indeed.
Meow.

tradlybradley

Reaction score
I see they've locked out Vaclav after one post on the trad forum. Out of interest how many malindas are there?

TB

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tradlybradley
I see they've locked out Vaclav after one post on the trad forum. Out of interest how many malindas are there?

TB

Meow. Do you want to share the troll wealth or something? You can keep him.

You folks seem "hard to please".

So what regular or banned poster are you a psuedonym for?

tradlybradley

Reaction score
I didn't intend to be 'catty'.

I notice that Horace has been locked out as well, presumably for drawing the trads attention to an article that is of interest to them. The thread has also now been deleted.

Steedappeal has made many good contributions to AA, I'd have thought they would have been glad to promote an article about him, no matter where it was posted.

Just my two cent's worth.

RJMan, I've pm'd you.

TB

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tradlybradley
Out of interest how many malindas are there?

Three (whom we know of) in current operation; one or two who no longer serve that function.

The one who sent me e-mail shares the same header as a tentmaker out on Long Island.

Though I haven't checked the headers on the e-mail previously, the rich irony of it all is that I was being mailed by a certain "Malinda" to respond to a user's post on AAAC. That user and Malinda appear to have been the same person!

Too Trad, Too Strong,

Horace

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
I don't understand why the powers that be over at the other board just don't disclose the identity of "Malinda." There's a high degree of transparency here; we know who the moderators are, if not always their reasons for shutting down a thread.

In any event, I can just imagine that the moderator job is a no-win situation....

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreyFlannelMan
I don't understand why the powers that be over at the other board just don't disclose the identity of "Malinda." There's a high degree of transparency here; we know who the moderators are, if not always their reasons for shutting down a thread. In any event, I can just imagine that the moderator job is a no-win situation....
It's funny -- you've got the Long Island tentmaker (a.k.a. il pagliacci) as Malinda in an e-mail, referring to himself in third person -- and then you've got the Long Island tentmaker (a.k.a. il pagliacci) posting messages on AAAC referring to Malinda. In another thread, you've got another Malinda, moderating and editing the thread of another user who happens to be another Malinda. It's a vicious circle alright. And who could've put it better than GreyFlannel: ah, to yearn for the old days...

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreyFlannelMan
I don't understand why the powers that be over at the other board just don't disclose the identity of "Malinda." There's a high degree of transparency here; we know who the moderators are, if not always their reasons for shutting down a thread.
Not that I particularly agree with it, but i guess the attitude is that it allows a contributor to post without his/her moderator hat on and post freely as the rest of us do.

case in point, Slim and Brian got in a bit of a tussle over Macs in a thread in the fine living etc board, and Slim asked something to the effect of 'is STFU your official moderator position' and had to PM to clarify whether he was talking to Brian the mac-user or Brian the mod.

I guess you could say the Andymethod avoids this.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Horace
It's funny -- you've got the Long Island tentmaker (a.k.a. il pagliacci) as Malinda in an e-mail, referring to himself in third person -- and then you've got the Long Island tentmaker (a.k.a. il pagliacci) posting messages on AAAC referring to Malinda. In another thread, you've got another Malinda, moderating and editing the thread of another user who happens to be another Malinda. It's a vicious circle alright. And who could've put it better than GreyFlannel: ah, to yearn for the old days...

I need a :head-exploding: smiley right about now
crazy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads