1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yay or nay on this Belstaff jacket.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by MilanoStyle, Jan 10, 2008.

1. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

I think the main two things I was looking for were the Legend Roadmaster and the large Colonial bag, though I've just about given up on that. I guess more recently, the Hero design sort of grew on me a little, I liked their take on the Indy jacket, and the super-faux-vintage 1943 Roadmaster was a lot cooler than I expected. There've been a few other designs that caught my attention (Panther, Cougar, variations on the Roadmaster, really), but I think Belstaff prices have gone up at least 50% since I posted that and I'm still a student, so I'll just go with a Knight of Infinite Resignation.

The Roadmaster is basically the Trialmaster without the tilted pocket, so you have options there. There are a number of decent knock-offs on the market, and best of all, you can get a real vintage Trialmaster on ebay for $200 or so with a little persistence. The 70's versions are longer and have the striaght pocket like the Roadmaster. Also, you can get a brand new current version Trialmaster, the actual motorcycle version, not the fashion version:

http://www.bel-store.co.uk/classictouristtrophyman.html

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere that has them cheaper? Almost $700 isn't terribly far from Oi Polloi's prices on Roadmasters, etc, at least the last time I saw them selling them.

3. incastoutcast

incastoutcast Well-Known Member

Awesome, so long as you can pull it off [​IMG] ...

4. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere that has them cheaper? Almost $700 isn't terribly far from Oi Polloi's prices on Roadmasters, etc, at least the last time I saw them selling them.

That price probably includes VAT so you can likely get them for 280 GBP or so. A google search for "Classic Tourist Trophy" pulls up a few UK vendors in that range. I've seen them on ebay as well.

5. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Well-Known Member

here's a photo of my Brad. [​IMG] My local shop which sells Belstaff has had an excellent sale on recently with all Belstaff reduced by 25-50%

6. vanbling

vanbling Active Member

I recently purchased a Belstaff Panther Black on Brown and it is truly awesome.

7. tom01

tom01 New Member

I think this jacket is awesome so I'm going to bite the bullet and get one. Before I do can anyone advise on whether or not you can get your hands on these online or overseas cheaper. The best I've found so far is £749.00 at Sarah Coggles. I wonder if you can get them through a bike retailer or something instead of a fashion shop......? Any thoughts? I'm UK based.

8. Musiclover

Musiclover Well-Known Member

9. joeygladstone

joeygladstone Well-Known Member

10. liam1288

liam1288 New Member

hi guys, im new to this and looking for a large balstaff brad jacket for sale in the uk...does anyone know of someone selling one?
    thanks

11. liam1288

liam1288 New Member

oh, just to add, does anyone know the size chart? eg large= 42 inch chest, arms...
    thanks

12. thesamsonproject

thesamsonproject Member

I have a Small Belstaff Brad Jacket I am willing to part with for $1,000, which is more than 30% off of retail (MSRP $1,395). Just respond to this post and let me know.

13. pg600rr

pg600rr Well-Known Member

great jacket, what has been the best price online people have located?

14. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

Prices will be uniform.. but the best bet is to hope J. Crew has a slip up during coupon promotions

15. thesamsonproject

thesamsonproject Member

mine came from J.Crew. it is new and unworn, still with the tags. email me at thesamsonproject[at]gmail[dot]com if you are interested. price is non-negotiable. 30% off retail is a sufficient price.

16. CYstyle

CYstyle Well-Known Member

http://www.mrporter.com/product/322677

I really like the look of this jacket. 70% wool 30% nylon though =\ $2k retail is a lot for a wool blend imo. or am i tripping and wool blend's are fine?