• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally receive my packages from patine just a few days after ordering. Have you asked them yet what the status is?

Elessar

Reaction score
FWIW my Chelsea boots took around 25 days to get to me. USA, East Coast. Checking the status, it was stuck at a place where the Polish post said they've sent it to USPS and USPS said they're awaiting package from origin post. It was very frustrating but I don't know what Patine could've done about it.

Emil S

Reaction score
When using national post there is usually a gap when the package is handed over from one countrys post to the other were the package is invisible until the tracking number is transferred to reciepents national post.
We recommend Fedex or other Courier when shipping from Europe to USA, you should not be subject to taxes or other fees if the value is below 800 usd.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When using national post there is usually a gap when the package is handed over from one countrys post to the other were the package is invisible until the tracking number is transferred to reciepents national post.
We recommend Fedex or other Courier when shipping from Europe to USA, you should not be subject to taxes or other fees if the value is below 800 usd.

Nice to know! Thanks!

Elessar

Reaction score

Great shoes Jamie!

@Elessar did you get hit by customs?

Since March 2016 the import tax duties threshold for item values has been increased to USD 800, as Skolyx pointed out. I'll definitely stick to FedEx / UPS / DHL next time I order something. :)

Edit. I notice you're in Mexico City - your import tax duty restrictions will probably be different from the United States.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Since March 2016 the import tax duties threshold for item values has been increased to USD 800, as Skolyx pointed out. I'll definitely stick to FedEx / UPS / DHL next time I order something. :)

Edit. I notice you're in Mexico City - your import tax duty restrictions will probably be different from the United States.

Yup, I'm in Mexico City but i was planning on sending them to a good friend from another forum that is in Orlando and then he can ship them to me. Double shipping but I think a lot cheaper that paying the import duties in Mexico.

patinePL

Reaction score
Hello,

I will ask you for an e-mail with your order number, and check in our
system, what happened with your package. For full details, see
reply message.

During the holiday season delivery times tooks more time than
standard. Several customers have reported to us problems especially with time of
intercontinental deliveries. We're working on
solution to this problem and I think that soon we will be able
ensure the highest standard of delivery.

Best regards

Meyboom

Reaction score
Yanko suede Oxford on 915 last from Skolyx

linsook

Reaction score

How are they? Got any fit pics?

just got them. as others have stated the suede inserts are generous in size. i'll take some photos in a second.

for their price point, they are very appealing. will put them through good use to see how they stand up but first impressions, would buy another pair.

poor shots
Aiub857.jpg

FICMmkp.jpg

K38EjUd.jpg

Last edited:

jamie411

Reaction score

Hello,

I will ask you for an e-mail with your order number, and check in  our

system, what happened with your package. For full details, see

reply message.

During the holiday season delivery times tooks more time than

standard. Several customers have reported to us problems especially with time of

intercontinental deliveries. We're working on

solution to this problem and I think that soon we will be able

ensure the highest standard of delivery.

Best regards

Thanks @patinePL, I contacted Customer Service via email and they responded promptly with the tracking number. Thanks!

linsook

Reaction score

just got them. as others have stated the suede inserts are generous in size. i'll take some photos in a second.

for their price point, they are very appealing. will put them through good use to see how they stand up but first impressions, would buy another pair.

poor shots
Aiub857.jpg

FICMmkp.jpg

K38EjUd.jpg

First day wearing them out. The top is very loose and feels awkward. Wearing thicker socks would not work, i can fit 3 fingers into the top. If all their boots on other lasts are like this, it's a deal breaker for me.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Nice Meyboom! Im really liking how the 915 last looks.

Thanks @Betelgeuse . The 915 last looks good indeed, somewhere in between Carmina Simpson and Rain imo. To me it fits similar to Carmina Rain last, with similar room in the forefoot and instep. Waist and heel feel tighter in the 915 last which is a good thing for my feet. Suede is pretty good quality on this pair with a nice nap. They are comfortable shoes straight out of the box.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Betelgeuse . The 915 last looks good indeed, somewhere in between Carmina Simpson and Rain imo. To me it fits similar to Carmina Rain last, with similar room in the forefoot and instep. Waist and heel feel tighter in the 915 last which is a good thing for my feet. Suede is pretty good quality on this pair with a nice nap. They are comfortable shoes straight out of the box.
I wear 9 UK in Rain last and 8.5 UK in 915 last FWIW. 915 last is more rounded at the forefront accomodating very well your toes. Carmina Rain is more tapered at the waist/forefront IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads