1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Y-3

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by @riss, Sep 28, 2004.

1. @riss

@riss Well-Known Member

ImageWis had mentioned a rather obscure brand that he someway or another got privy to--I think the name was Adidas. Anyway, was wondering if anyone had ever heard of it or their collab with some unfamiliar designer named Yamamoto?

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain I detected some sarcasm in his post about Yamamoto.

3. @riss

@riss Well-Known Member

all i could detect were typos.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Totally gratuitous. Stop trolling dude. Uncool.

5. housemaidsknee

housemaidsknee Well-Known Member

not to be a wise ass - but its starting ...

6. @riss

@riss Well-Known Member

dude you're biased. i admit that i should brush these posts off better, but the moderator even pointed out that imagewis and you were "piling on". if people want to make points and have reasoned arguments lets do it. if people from florida want to make sarcastic jokes and pretend that they wear kiton, god know's where in florida???, that's fine too.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

@riss:

Strike 2.

3 and yer out.

8. housemaidsknee

i like your attitude. 3 strikes for everybody, 4 for nobody.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

It was sarcasm (regarding Y-3) and as per "pretend that they wear kiton, god know's where in Florida", perhaps Palm Beach rings a bell? As well, my original point, which went completely past your point of perception, was that there was no need for pointless swearing on the forum. I shan't think that anyone else on the forum takes too kindly to the words "fuck" and "John Lobb" being used in the same sentence.

Now, chillax...no point in arguing with the whole forum.

Laterz,

Jon.

P.S. please do not send me private messages calling me "son" doing so completely disagrees with your previous statements calling me old.

Oh. And I don't wear Kiton (well, I do, just don't have much of the stuff, just a couple of ties, two pair of pants and a sports coat); I wear Attolini and Zegna Napoli Couture, they fit me better when purchasing the garments RTW. Does that negate Kiton's quality? Surely not.

10. housemaidsknee

i have a feeling there's going to be lots of angry words going back and forth the next few days. i just hope none of the members whom i've learnt so much from get fed up and leave.

11. @riss

@riss Well-Known Member

there's no sense in arguing via the internet. i will just say this: dior homme and kiton are targeted for different audiences. they're both extremely expensive, but i don't think they compete for clientele. i'll be happy wearing edgier labels like dior and comme des garcons for the next decade or so and maybe when i'm older i'll shop at kiton or brioni. i specifically asked in my initial post if there was anyone else on this forum who was into labels along the lines of dior, though.

12. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

That could be a record for 'fastest banning'.

13. @riss

@riss Well-Known Member

but then if i so desired i would just choose a new screenname and come back, versaceman...

14. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

The only problem with that is that when you are blocked here, it's not like they just delete your account. They block your IP address, so that you would need to get a new computer/internet provider in able to post again. It's not as easy as just making a new account.

Trust me - this is a fun place, and you'll get addicted. Aside from learning tons of great information. You don't want to get banned. Then again, we don't need any trolls here.

15. housemaidsknee

a quoi bon?

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Maybe. But J. actually bans IP addresses (it's happened before.) So yes, of course you could reregister and come back, but it's not *that* easy.

Just play nice. People here are usually pretty cool, even when they disagree on style/fashion. The other thing, I think, that got other members riled up, was your use of slang and profanity. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but it's just our convention to not.

17. @riss

@riss Well-Known Member

i agree that this could be a cool place, versaceman, but i feel like i would benefit from more discussion on streetwear and less hate on d-homme.

18. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

@riss,

We've had one banned individual who's tried it 3 or 4 times.

I can give you J's spiel about how doing so in the state of Washington ( where the board is located for business purposes) subjects such an offender to a fine of $5000 per occurence, but I'd really rather you just quit trolling and flaming and stayed.

I think we've banned 3 people total in 30 months, so it's not like we're control freaks.

Just play by the rules- no flaming, no trolling. simple...

19. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I don't think most people here dislike Dior Homme, it is fairly good quality and nicely cut. I think primarily people here are more interested in the quality of products more than whether they are edgy or in fashion. Generally I prefer products, color combinations, and other things that may not be as conservative as others here, but my general impression is that quality of construction and timelessness are perhaps the qualities most valued here.

20. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

Well, it seems like at least half the guys here are in professional careers and therefore talk mainly about dress shirts/dress shoes/ties/suits/sportcoats. That's fine, because I'm going to be starting a career soon, and it's great to get all this information to prepare myself for building up a professional wardrobe.

I myself am 20. I don't wear suits more than once a year or so. I mostly wear 'designer clothing'. Paper Denim & Cloth, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Etro, Agnes B, Diesel, Joe's Jeans, Puma, etc. I do have some 'finer' articles of clothing from Canali, Brioni, Turnbull & Asser, Talbott, etc, but I don't have a great deal of occations to wear them on.

My point, I guess, is that it's good to have a new member who also appreciates 'designer' items. You, LA Guy, Labelking, and a few others can all have discussions about such items.