1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

www.tailorstore.com - anyone try ordering any of their $40 MTM shirts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PatriotsFan, May 3, 2007.

1. Singular

Singular Well-Known Member

I have got eight shirts mtm from TailorShirts, and I am completely satisfied. No worries at all.

/M

2. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

I got mine as well, it took almost exactly 3 weeks. I measured from another MTM shirt, and they followed it precisely. Nothing fancy in the material, but considering a perfect fit for about 50 dollars I think it is great. I've noticed they have added a lot of fabrics since I ordered and I will definitely order some more in the near future.

I also see that they have polo shirts now as well, for those looking for slim fitted ones.

/C

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

I also see that they have polo shirts now as well, for those looking for slim fitted ones.
    This got me excited until I saw that they don't offer them in custom sizes. Also "small embroidered logo on the chest".

4. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Based on the positive reviews I might give them a go and order a couple to start with.

5. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

This got me excited until I saw that they don't offer them in custom sizes. Also "small embroidered logo on the chest".

are you sure about the size? my screen shows that you have a choice of either using your measurement profile or selecting from a standard size......

the logo is annoying, though.

6. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Yes, you can use a measurement profile just as you do with the normal shirts. They are available in standard sizes as well though.

I don't like the logo either. Good thing the normal shirts are totally without them.

/C

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Still no removable collar stays nor MOP buttons. [​IMG]

8. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Well-Known Member

I can understand the no collar stay, but the non MOP button is really not a big deal. Just change them later if you want an MOP button so badly.

Carl

9. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

removable collar stays are nice, but overrated. i would just wash cold and hang dry, so they don't get warped. (i already wash and dry my own shirts)

10. blank

blank Well-Known Member

Would anyone with a shirt post pictures so that we can examine the fabric?

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

removable collar stays are nice, but overrated. i would just wash cold and hang dry, so they don't get warped. (i already wash and dry my own shirts)
    I'm pretty sure mine get warped by the action of the washing machine, and then warped again if I iron the collars. [​IMG] I imagine it would be a pretty simple change to their production line... The MOP buttons are not a deal breaker for me, I was mostly noting it for other members who have expressed a stronger desire. I'll order a shirt from tailorstore.com as soon as they get the collar stays fixed.

12. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan Well-Known Member

I just received my shirt today! It took about 3 weeks for the shirt to arrive and I'm pretty happy with the purchase. Although the shirt doesn't fit perfectly (my fault for not giving the right measurements since it is my first MTM order on the internet). The shirt is still quite wearable, although I do believe it may be a bit too snug around the back and the armpit area when I hug myself and move my arms back.

Regarding the quality, it's definitely not the nicest I've seen, but it is quite respectable in my book. I would probably compare the sienna pinpoint fabric from the "superior" line as being on par with Brooks Brothers Slim Fit shirts. The shirt buttons were pretty nice considering they weren't MOP - quite durable and they do not look like those cheap plastic buttons you would find on polyester-blend shirts.

To my pleasant surprise, I found that there wasn't any "billowing" present when tucking in the shirt (this has been a big problem for me on many OTR shirts).

I'll probably post some pictures over the weekend, so that you many of you can get a better idea of how the fabric and fit looks like. I'll probably order from them again in the future - i'd like to try the business and button down collars but I'm kind of hesitant since I've never seen an actual picture of they make them (I hate collars that are too long ).

13. blank

blank Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm quite curious to learn about the fabric, but if it is on-par with the Brooks Brothers slim-fit (which I like) then I'd love the shirt at this price point.

14. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

Wow, the site is incredibly well done, especially in comparison to Jantzen.

Can anyone recommend a fabric selection from this shop?

15. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

What does the logo look like anyway?

16. TheHoff

TheHoff Well-Known Member

I wrote and asked about the logo and whether the polo shirts are constructed to fit your measurements or if they match up your measurements with a standard size. Their response:

17. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Well-Known Member

I just got word from them that they won't do two button collars and that is a dealbreaker for me and my long neck.

18. Lawrence1

Lawrence1 Member

Just ordered a shirt from them. Only £35 so no major decision.

I gave them measurements from a shirt that fits well so we wil see.....

19. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd bump this for anyone who has some pics [​IMG]

20. TurboTropic

TurboTropic Well-Known Member

I tried ordering last night and today but after entering my credit card details and clicking the button I get an error page. Tried with MS Explorer and Firefox. Sent an email last night but no reply yet. Kind of frustrating that it doesn't keep your shopping cart associated with your profile so every time I tried to purchase it would eventually time out and I'd have to re-enter everything again.