1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Agreed, I've done it as well. Anyone that tells you this shouldn't be done is drinking too much of the SF Kool-Aid.

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Exactly!

3. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Well-Known Member

I'll have to post some pics of me wearing various lengths when I get a chance this week and we can do some side-by-side comparisons.

4. eHaberdasher

I personally feel it is less than ideal, but you would be far from the fist to do this with the Benjamin navy suit jackets.

5. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies, gents. I'll probably keep searching for a true sport coat a bit longer. If one doesn't present before the first of the year, I'll snatch the Benjamin and do a conversion.

6. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Thanks Ben, I appreciate it.

7. eHaberdasher

Sorry it took a while... I had to bring jackets home from the office/warehouse so that my wife could take the pics since I'm usually alone at the office/warehouse!

I'm 5'10" 160 lbs for frame of reference. Note that these shots are taken from a lower vantage point.

Here below is the 38R:

[​IMG]

And here below is the 38L, which for this pic I folded the sleeves up because it looked ridiculous. As you can see the length of the Long has my fingertips just touching the bottom of the jacket, which to me is way too long especially with current trends being a lot shorter than the jacket lengths at which I've styled the Benjamin models. But again, I understand there are differing opinions and tastes when it comes to clothing, style and silhouette. My intention is to offer a style that is current yet conservative without being trendy.

[​IMG]

8. gimmeabreak

gimmeabreak Active Member

Are the 2- and 3- button Benjamin sport coats cut from exactly the same pattern? (i.e. is the difference just the lack of an extra button, or are there other subtle things going on with button stance, lapels, etc)?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  9. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Thanks Ben, this is very helpful.

10. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

So, this is on its way to my house, and I'm pretty excited about it. What would you pair it with?

11. eHaberdasher

The suit jackets modeled above are the Napoli model but with a structured shoulder. The Benjamin sport coats are the same exact cut but have a natural shoulder, so for all intensive purposes they are pretty much the same cut - just a different shoulder.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you post pics of yourselves in the sport jackets!

12. eHaberdasher

As an aside, I paid a visit to the Boggi shop in Sloan Square earlier this week and tried on several jackets. All of them were probably a good full 1" shorter than my jackets and they still covered the seat and looked great to me. Very Italian - not for everyone, but I do get inspiration from the likes of Boggi. As I may have mentioned before, I think I'm going to make my lapels slightly wider either via a new model or existing model. We'll see...

13. eHaberdasher

I'm kind of predictable, so for trousers the obvious choice would be charcoal, but if you're daring you can go for a nice pair of brick red/rust!

14. gimmeabreak

gimmeabreak Active Member

Thanks, yes I was clear that the difference between the suit and the sport coats is only the softer shoulder. So in regards to 2 vs 3 button sport jackets, I can assume the cuts are exactly the same save for the extra button?
    Also, I am curious if you plan a summer line (i live in Texas, so it would be stupid to overstock on winter cashmere offerings :) )

15. JEdge

JEdge Active Member

Are you expecting any additional stock of Benjamin Suits, specifically the Napoli line before the Holidays?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  16. eHaberdasher

Yes - I'm headed to Biella again next week to look at Spring fabrics! :)

17. eHaberdasher

Woops yes also the 2 and the 3 roll 2.5 are the same cut.

18. eHaberdasher

What size Napoli were you looking for in the suit? I have a few here in London that aren't online that I was planning to transfer over to the US. Mostly charcoal in a few sizes and one navy I believe...

19. JEdge

JEdge Active Member

Looking for Navy 40R, but will settle on the Navy Classico II thats currently on the website if necessary.

20. eHaberdasher

Sorry no navy Napoli in 40R... we have one in charcoal, but otherwise for navy 40R it's just the Classico II.